DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavicpro drone emergency sea water landing... help...

andy12aa

Reactions
hi

My Mavic drone kinda had emergency sea water landing, went underwater for less than 30sec, 2feet in the sea... by the time I grab it out of the water, it already stop it's motor...

Not sure the extend of the damages, it's been more than a week now since the incident...

My question is should I attempt to turn it on, using my 2nd battery and check the drone or should I contact dji and ask for repair? Anyone got an idea how much repair usually cost if I got no refresh pack... ?

The important part of this would be that the Mavic was rinsed with fresh water, and then allowed to dry out. Otherwise, you will need to call the undertaker. Think of sea water on electronics like putting acid on your skin. A non rinsed situation turns into a cancer so to speak over time.

Now, lets say it's been a week and it wasn't rinsed. I don't know what the products are, but there is something that others who have experienced this, can help share with you on what to put on it, now. I would ONLY pay attention to the those that has been through the process.

Btw, what was the reason for the landing?

Unless it's a software or firmware issue, if you send it to DJI they will most likely total it. Seeing as you do not have care refresh the cost would be a new unit ($759.00 W/O RC or battery).

I know it's useless info now but...
If you would have immediately pulled the Mavic from the water and rinsed it in either distilled water (has no sediments or contaminates) or rubbing alcohol and then put the Mavic into a bucket of rice for a few days it would have a much better chance turning back on.

The way it sits now I have no idea how it will react so I will keep watching this for updates.

hi

My Mavic drone kinda had emergency sea water landing, went underwater for less than 30sec, 2feet in the sea... by the time I grab it out of the water, it already stop it's motor...

Not sure the extend of the damages, it's been more than a week now since the incident...

My question is should I attempt to turn it on, using my 2nd battery and check the drone or should I contact dji and ask for repair? Anyone got an idea how much repair usually cost if I got no refresh pack... ?
My condolences. Salt water is very troublesome for electronics. Since its toast anyway, may be worth the attempt to clean. I would NOT try turning it on if it sat for a week filled with salt water. Clean first (need to open up for that.) You'll probably need to remove the onboard memory card and be sure it shows no signs of corrosion on its leads, FYI.

Open it up, rinse tyre electronics and mirrors (not camera so much) with fresh water, dry in the sunand hope for the best. Odds are it's back to dji. Good luck.

You should have submerged it in isopropyl alcohol to displace rhe water, then dry it, then open up and evaluate the damage, possibly praying no electrical damage has been done while powered and wet/submerged. Now you are very likely to have corrosion damage, as well as salt depositions interfering with pretty much anything mechanical (fans, motors, gimbal...). I'd probably still try giving it a good soak in isopropyl alcohol, probably disassembled to whatever extent i can easily do, hoping to clear the salt, and then try and power it up after drying, hoping for the best.

Good luck with repairs.

Reactions: Andrew F

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka