DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic's FW Update issue with Litchi and Autopilot

ElGuapo

Reactions
I just received an email from both the Autopilot and Litchi team in regards to an issue of the latest FW update with the Mavic, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2. So not only the Mavic is affected by the latest update. Both Apps are currently affected by the latest update. I flew 4 Batteries using DJI GO App but did not test Autopilot or Litchi. Any One ?

Litchi FW Update.JPG

Auto Pilot FW Update.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I have not tested Lichti since the recent Mavic Firmware Upgrade 01.03.500 and was planning on using the Focus Feature on one of my upcoming flights. Now I wont be doing that. Although they did ot mention if the Pano (Panorama) Mode was affected or not.

I use Waypoints and Panorama the most currently so if Pano is not affected by the firmware upgrade that would be nice . I am tempted to be the guinea pig that shoots a pano with the latest firmware to determine if it can be done in a safe and predictable manner.

Hmmm.....

Wonder how long it will take for the fix? I suppose if you are inclined enough to want to use those 3rd party apps, you can always downgrade back to FW 0400.
The only other issue, would be if the new version of the Go App 4.0.5 for IOS will work ok with 0400.
Just curious who will come up with a fix first? Will it be Litchi/Auto Pilot or will DJI release a fix with another FW possibly 0600?

I was pleased to see Litchi send out that email proactively rather than just wait for people to complain.

Awesome customer service and makes me Trust them even more.

/don't use autopilot but glad to see they did it too, apparently.

Reactions: halley
Ran a Litchi waypoint mission yesterday with no problem, but not any of the modes affected by the update. Last Autopilot waypoint mission was day before the update. So I guess I really had nothing to add and just wanted to hear myself type.

I noticed an issue with Litchi while in track mode. The MP started to yaw back and forth like it was trying to find the object. Just cancelled it, next try worked fine though didn't have track running as long.

Thanks for posting this. I have not tested Lichti since the recent Mavic Firmware Upgrade 01.03.500 and was planning on using the Focus Feature on one of my upcoming flights. Now I wont be doing that. Although they did ot mention if the Pano (Panorama) Mode was affected or not.

I use Waypoints and Panorama the most currently so if Pano is not affected by the firmware upgrade that would be nice . I am tempted to be the guinea pig that shoots a pano with the latest firmware to determine if it can be done in a safe and predictable manner.

Hmmm.....
Well this certainly explains the unexpected crash in the other thread. You know the guy that crashed the Mavic in the driveway. The flight logs came from Litchi.

I have not yet updated firmware and won't use it. DJI has said nothing in past few days about all the odd behaviors like startup sound repeating and glitchy controls.

Reactions: Drone Master
How does the firmware downgrade work for mavic? Are they risky or full of bugs? Or do they simply function as a smooth rollback?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S