DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic's RC and a mobile power bank

leesmavic

Reactions
Can I charge the Mavic's remote controller using a mobile power bank?
It is not recommended to charge the remote controller with a mobile power bank. This may damage the coulometer. Battery level readings for the remote controller may become incorrect, and the battery consumption speed may become greater than the charging speed.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Anyone seen this type of damage?

Reactions: bigworm
What about charging from a car? The car charger setup does not include a means for charging the remote, only the flight batteries. Am I to believe the only recommended way to charge the remote is with house current?

Can I charge the Mavic's remote controller using a mobile power bank?
It is not recommended to charge the remote controller with a mobile power bank. This may damage the coulometer. Battery level readings for the remote controller may become incorrect, and the battery consumption speed may become greater than the charging speed.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Anyone seen this type of damage?
If you search for 'Peter Homer' on YouTube, he has several Mavic Pro videos one of which concerns using a power bank to maintain the RC charge. Based on his video I've ordered one today, should be here tomorrow. I believe the important fact is that the one you use has an output of 5v and 1 amp as per the RC battery.

Reactions: RallySoob
4.8 out of 5 stars 38Reviews
Power Bank, Bluesim® 10000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Charger Ultra-Slim Dual USB Port 2.1A & 1A Faster Charging for Apple iPhone 6/6s/6Plus/6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Plus, iPad, Tablets (Grey)

This is the power bank I ended up buying from Amazon UK. It arrived this afternoon and I've been testing it on my Mavic RC both connected to the Mavic and on its own using the 1 amp port. It worked flawlessly in both situations.

Whilst connected to the Mavic the RC screen showed that the RC was charging and the current charge level.

It only weighs 222g and comfortably fits underneath my iPad Mini with a strip of adhesive velcro. As a result of recent firmware updates you can use the full USB socket under the RC and the micro USB on the side at the same time.

A good buy IMHO.
31bkHR6jj7L._SY400_.jpg

4.8 out of 5 stars 38Reviews
Power Bank, Bluesim® 10000mAh External Battery Pack Portable Charger Ultra-Slim Dual USB Port 2.1A & 1A Faster Charging for Apple iPhone 6/6s/6Plus/6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Plus, iPad, Tablets (Grey)

This is the power bank I ended up buying from Amazon UK. It arrived this afternoon and I've been testing it on my Mavic RC both connected to the Mavic and on its own using the 1 amp port. It worked flawlessly in both situations.

Whilst connected to the Mavic the RC screen showed that the RC was charging and the current charge level.

It only weighs 222g and comfortably fits underneath my iPad Mini with a strip of adhesive velcro. As a result of recent firmware updates you can use the full USB socket under the RC and the micro USB on the side at the same time.

A good buy IMHO.
31bkHR6jj7L._SY400_.jpg

I love how thin this power bank is but it is a little to big in the other dimensions. I need one that will sit behind a 6 inch phone. Any suggestions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser