DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavmount & iPad Pro 12.96"

simon_t

Reactions
I was thinking about buying an iPad Mini to use with my Mavic, but as I already have an (decent) iPad Pro 12.9", I though about getting the Mavmount for it.

Has anyone got any experience using it with such a large tablet?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Simon

Reactions: Aerial West
I'm curious about this as well. My work just gave us all 128GB iPad Air's as presents, and want to use it for my Mavic. It is too large to fit, and know I will need a holder of some kind, but also curious if anybody has used the iPad Air with their Mavic's.

Reactions: simon_t
I have both an iPad Air and Mav Mount and can tell you they work great together. The mount is a high quality unit and was delivered quickly and as advertised. It holds the iPad securely and still allows me to see the controller. Highly recommend it.

I have both an iPad Air and Mav Mount and can tell you they work great together. The mount is a high quality unit and was delivered quickly and as advertised. It holds the iPad securely and still allows me to see the controller. Highly recommend it.
pic?

To go back to the OP's original question about the iPad Pro and mav mount - has anyone got experience with this - do you find the pro too large or does it hold it securely and balance well with access to the controls? Thinking about buying a mini but would like to use my Pro if possible as the size of the screen would be awesome for viewing my flight..

As I mentioned earlier, the mount is very high quality in terms of both engineering and materials. It cradles the iPad snugly and has a variety of adjustments and positions plus it's cool looking. I paid about $65 for it. I didn't think my smartphone screen was big enough and get the sense that Apple products work well with Mavic Pro and already own the iPad Air. I'm able to see both the RC and the iPad and it's still not heavy. Hope this helps.

I was thinking about buying an iPad Mini to use with my Mavic, but as I already have an (decent) iPad Pro 12.9", I though about getting the Mavmount for it.

Has anyone got any experience using it with such a large tablet?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Simon

I use both an iPad mini and an iPad Pro 12.9. The mini is my main tablet for flying and I got the mavmount for the mini. Bought an iPad Pro holder off of amazon for $9 just to try it out.

It's heavy for sure, but I've tended to use the iPad Pro when flying around at home. The screen size is amazing! But the portability factor is lacking. So chilling in a chair with a lanyard attached to the mavmount the huge iPad Pro is great. When standing out in a field and packing in and out the mini wins.

So it's cheaper to buy the mini version off of mavmount.com and then pick up the exact same iPad Pro holder off of amazon. The metal base and ball joint are the same on all versions of the mavmount. Just a different tablet holder in each one.

Also- I wanted to use the middle screw mount but it ratchets clockwise. (If you get one you'll know what I mean) I used superglue to seize the mechanism up so I can use either screw mount for the iPad Pro.

IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1406.JPG

I use both an iPad mini and an iPad Pro 12.9. The mini is my main tablet for flying and I got the mavmount for the mini. Bought an iPad Pro holder off of amazon for $9 just to try it out.

It's heavy for sure, but I've tended to use the iPad Pro when flying around at home. The screen size is amazing! But the portability factor is lacking. So chilling in a chair with a lanyard attached to the mavmount the huge iPad Pro is great. When standing out in a field and packing in and out the mini wins.

So it's cheaper to buy the mini version off of mavmount.com and then pick up the exact same iPad Pro holder off of amazon. The metal base and ball joint are the same on all versions of the mavmount. Just a different tablet holder in each one.

Also- I wanted to use the middle screw mount but it ratchets clockwise. (If you get one you'll know what I mean) I used superglue to seize the mechanism up so I can use either screw mount for the iPad Pro.

View attachment 7637 View attachment 7638

Link?

View attachment 7637 View attachment 7638

Fantastic in depth response - thanks for that

Unfortunately the $8.99 one is now sold out of Amazon, here's the $9.99 one:

Amazon.com: Gimars 5 - 12” Screen 2 in 1 Phone iPad Tripod Mount Adapter Universal Tablet Clamp Holder Fits iPad Air Pro, Microsoft Surface and Most Tablets & Phones for Monopod, Selfie Stick, Tripod Stand Etc: Cell Phones & Accessories

Exact same thing from china, different brand.

I think it's $14 on mavmount for an extra additional iPad Pro holder. Honestly I didn't think I'd use the pro so I didn't buy it at the time. Nice guy that runs that business, and he's low volume so I understand the markup. Got to keep the lights on. But since I already had it getting that for 14 plus shipping just didn't make sense.

Buy Mavmount and add Joby tablet mount. Well worth the money and sturdy all metal construction. Avoid the wobble and superglue issue mentioned above when using center mount. Puts tablet in perfect position above remote.
I use IPad Air2
d76f13d2e82a11893f45e3dcd26b196c.jpg
8aad708aba8e07d7bc195b20519c8179.jpg
457821b8d5de8f470f29eaffc68bba63.jpg
537df16262557b1a45506fff7e8a5e3b.jpg
2ca0f823d828dd6b009211184a9ad101.jpg

@chad7218

That's nice! What's the price and where from?

EDIT: found it on Amazon (not prime) about $40. Also says it's for up to 10" tablets. Don't think the IPad Pro 12.9" would fit. Looks heavier duty than the cheap one I have.

I found this on Amazon. It's pretty sturdy, maybe not like the mavmount but it's not cheap feeling or flimsy at all. Kinda tight but fits Shield K1, iOS/android tablets and phones. 100% swap guarantee if anything breaks

Amazon.com: EXSPORT DJI Mavic Pro Tablet Holder for 4-12 inch Table Mobile Phone, 360 ADJUSTABLE, Flexible Design Arbitrary Ratation Holder Bracket for Mavic Pro Remote Control Accessories: Camera & Photo

I originally had a mount like this for my iPad mini when the drone was still coming in from china. That plastic ball joint really wasn't even enough to keep the iPad mini from moving around. Once a little leverage was applied the tablet holder would rotate around.
At least the one you linked is fixed to the base! The one I got had a tooth and screw setup that was terrible.

That's what I like about the metal ball joint on the mavmount. Can torque it down and not worry about destroying the mechanism.

To go back to the OP's original question about the iPad Pro and mav mount - has anyone got experience with this - do you find the pro too large or does it hold it securely and balance well with access to the controls? Thinking about buying a mini but would like to use my Pro if possible as the size of the screen would be awesome for viewing my flight..
A few people have discussed using the iPad Mini, and I saw a post that mentions that one will fit very snugly into the existing phone mount arms. I added a simple roughly 5" x 8" piece of acrylic sheet, one side sprayed flat black (I happened to have a piece of white 1/4" material, but even plywood would work). It has a roughly 1.5" extension and a vertical tab that holds it in place through the gap in the middle of the controller. Now I am looking for the elusive right-angle Lightning extension cable. Yes, the controls can be fully extended downward.
Ipad-MavicSM.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS