DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max altitude problem

mandyjr

Reactions
I've flown my mavic quit a bit now and feel comfortable with it. So today I almost lost my mavic. I was flying about 2,000 feet away and decided to climb altitude and reached max altitude. Then when I tried descending the mavic just said landing I tried passing it clicking x on the screen, tried return home nothing. I ended up landing in a parking lot and had to drive to go get it. Then I turned it on again and flew straight up to max altitude again right above me, after reaching it I tried descending and again it did the same thing. Anyone know what this is?

What do you have your settings in the go app? Have you always had this issue or did it perform correctly at one time?

Reactions: Rxb
I just flew it again and I was about 350 feet and I'm fly around and when I hold down on the left stick to descend it goes to landing mode and I can't cancel it or anything just comes straight down

Please feel free to upload your log files to some place like HeathyDrones.com for review.

Do you have the underside sensors (VPS) on or off? It sounds like the Drone thought it was near a surface when it kept going up and then at maximum altitude went into landing mode.

They are on. And it seems like it's sensing ground and when I hold the left stick down it just goes to land

I'm sure I saw a topic on the official DJI Mavic forums where the drone wouldn't descend when the VPS was on but I thought that was a couple of firmware versions ago. I'm sure I've also seen discussions about calibrating the underside sensors which is probably worth looking into.

John

Reactions: Yawnsky24
I assume you have calibrated everything including the TX? And is this in daylight? What type of surface?

yea, sounds like a VPS issue. Make sure your downward facing cameras and sonar are clean and free of obstructions....

I've flown my mavic quit a bit now and feel comfortable with it. So today I almost lost my mavic. I was flying about 2,000 feet away and decided to climb altitude and reached max altitude. Then when I tried descending the mavic just said landing I tried passing it clicking x on the screen, tried return home nothing. I ended up landing in a parking lot and had to drive to go get it. Then I turned it on again and flew straight up to max altitude again right above me, after reaching it I tried descending and again it did the same thing. Anyone know what this is?
hi,

your downward lenses are clean? no dust or steamy?

Yes they are clean. Still an issue. It does it sometimes. Now when I fly prevent myself from holding left stick down

maybe the vision positioning system/ or the downward sensors are have some problem. are you tried to recalibrate it?

Definitely sounds like the VPS issue that many were having, and was supposed to be fixed with the .0400 firmware update. Was your firmware up-to-date? Either way, I'd say you should report this to DJI.

Yea it's the .0500 when I was flying with the .0400 I never had any issues I might just downgrade

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas