DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max altitude problem....

ssjon7

Reactions
This has only happened twice since I got my mavic in early January and both times I had hiked down (in elevation) a trail to film a waterfall. Both times as I was about 25-30 ft in the air it alerted me that I had reached my max height (was set to 120m). So while in the air, I increased it in the settings and had no problems for the rest of the flight. I'm curious as to why this happened both times.
The first time it happened, was about a month ago and I was in gps mode and the most recent happened yesterday in position mode. I stay up to date with firmware (both incidents happened on different firmware- if that matters)

You will likely find the answer if you review your TXT flight log. You can upload and view it online here. Please post a link back here if you'd like other people to review and comment on it.

This has only happened twice since I got my mavic in early January and both times I had hiked down (in elevation) a trail to film a waterfall. Both times as I was about 25-30 ft in the air it alerted me that I had reached my max height (was set to 120m).

But what was your altitude relative to your take-off point?

The Mavic references altitude only in relation to the take-off point. So if you take off at 500ft MSL, walk and fly uphill to 1000ft MSL, you might only be flying 5ft AGL, but the Mavic only knows it's climbed 500ft since take-off.

From the bottom of the waterfall (where I hiked down to) I took off and went maybe 25 ft up and it alerted me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wendystroper