DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max speed slider in Active Track?

Ray Dunakin

Reactions
The last time I was out in the desert I was trying to use Active Track, and encountered something I hadn't noticed previously. There was vertical slider on the screen, to set "maximum speed". It was set all the way down at 2 mph.

I tried moving the slider but couldn't move it. In fact the slider was so close to the other icons at the right side of the screen, that most of the time I couldn't even touch the slider without touching something else. With the speed limited so severely, AT was unable to keep up. As soon as my vehicle started moving, the Mavic would begin to follow, then stop and just sit there watching my vehicle drive away.

As I said, I don't recall ever seeing this on previous occasions when I used AT, and did not have any trouble with the Mavic tracking and following my vehicle.
What triggers this slider to appear, and how is it supposed to be used if you can't even move it??

This slider is unnecessary ********. Hope DJI will remove it in a future version.
It's sometimes hard to adjust on small screens but it is possible. Just pull it to maximum.
As an option, select Profile mode instead which doesn't show that slider.

Yeah, it seems really useless. I can't think of any situation where I would ever need or want to limit the speed when tracking a person or vehicle.

When i active tracking , how do you change to the different mode ? Eg : profile .. etc

When i active tracking , how do you change to the different mode ? Eg : profile .. etc
First stop your current track.

Select ActiveTrack from the IFM button on the left.

Draw your box. On the right edge will be three buttons: trace, profile, and spotlight.

Click profile.

Click the OK in your drawn box.

Start moving....depending on firmware level the maximum speeds are limited to between 11m/s to 15m/s.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike