DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum altitude reached, but I'm less then 10' off the ground

hangtimex

Reactions
I'm currently in Colombia and it's happening occasionally. I'm at different altitudes so it's not just when I'm on higher ground, anyone have any ideas? It's not on every flight, no real consistency that I can see. It was happening to the other magic my friend has, until he broke his.

Sent from my Pixel using MavicPilots mobile app

Check your max distance settings in the DJIGO 4 App and remember to include your current elevation at your takeoff point when setting your max flight height, especially if your elevation is changing when taking off from different locations. If you're max altitude setting is set at 400 feet and your elevation is already 390 feet at your takeoff point, then you will only have a 10 foot ceiling to hit.

If you are taking off at 1,000 feet above sea level and want to fly 400 feet in altitude, then set your max altitude height at 1,400 feet. I believe this may solve your problems.

I'm at different altitudes so it's not just when I'm on higher ground

Hi, being on higher ground at takeoff (I think this's what you meant) doesn't have anything to do with the warning, mavic calculates the altitude Above the takeoff point not above sea level

Maybe you need to do some calibration, can you tell us what settings do you have set? (Beginner mode, max distance/altitude, etc)?

Reactions: Slantnose79
I stand corrected. The Mavic does calculate its altitude based on the elevation at the takeoff point. I misspoke when I used the phrase "above sea level." Kiteboy is on the right track.

I should have gave that info Max height is set to 500 meters the Max and I'm not on beginner mode and max distance is set 5000 feet. I knew that height is based on ground, not altitude, hence my confusion.

How are you getting it into ATTI mode? Are you blasting off flying in a hurry before it gets a GPS fix?
I still reckon this will be GPS related.

How are you getting it into ATTI mode? Are you blasting off flying in a hurry before it gets a GPS fix?
I still reckon this will be GPS related.
I had only one chance to take off quickly, so yes that was the only way, and as soon as GPS kicked in, couldn't go higher, so it got up maybe to 25ft or so.

What altitude is the Mavic reporting above launch altitude when this occurs? I think I'd try changing the max altitude settings to another number first, and if that didn't clear the problem then I'd reload the firmware on both the Mavic and the remote. If that doesn't clear it up there may be something screwy going on with the on board barometer.

Check your max distance settings in the DJIGO 4 App and remember to include your current elevation at your takeoff point when setting your max flight height, especially if your elevation is changing when taking off from different locations. If you're max altitude setting is set at 400 feet and your elevation is already 390 feet at your takeoff point, then you will only have a 10 foot ceiling to hit.

If you are taking off at 1,000 feet above sea level and want to fly 400 feet in altitude, then set your max altitude height at 1,400 feet. I believe this may solve your problems.

Not true at all I'm sorry to say. Mavic is clever enough to know you want to go 400 ft above your starting point and will fly at 500 m starting elevation easily. Done it ... the app even tells you your max takeoff altitude. Sorry to correct you [emoji1365]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Perhaps read post #4 younumpty.

Anyhow I am 99% confident if OP simply takes the time to get a decent GPS fix before taking off he won't have the problem.

What I would like to know is, what circumstances lead to him having to take off so quickly?

Reactions: CC Rider
Post 9 is where I noted I only got to take off 1 time before a gps fix. All the other times I waited for a strong GPS fix and had it each time and it's then that it was only going up to about 9ft. But there are other times it flies as it's supposed to. I'm traveling the whole country, so the altitudes and surroundings are always different. Can't pinpoint any one cause.

Set your Max Height. That's your altitude it's always Meters 120 is default for America and 400ft restriction. It's can be set from like 10 - 500 meters or 1,640 feet. It's possible the zero is missing in the settings.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Set your Max Height. That's your altitude it's always Meters 120 is default for America and 400ft restriction. It's can be set from like 10 - 500 meters or 1,640 feet. It's possible the zero is missing in the settings.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
It's set to 500m. That's why I'm baffled why it won't go higher. The other mavic on this trip has had the same issues, until it broke due to not having the gimbal clamp in place during transport. Rough terrain on motorcycles. It's happened multiple times near waterfalls and of course I'm the bottom, other times higher up on mountain tops.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000