DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro USB Port on Mavic?

Parker

Reactions
I saw its got a small micro USB port on the Mavic itself. I'm guessing it's not to charge, what is it used for? Read the user manual and didn't see anything. Is it just used to update firmware?

ps. I got mine on Tuesday and have been flying it quite a bit. Flies like a dream and produces amazing photos & video. I've already sold (without even trying) a number of people on getting one. Simply by showing the Mavic, or showing the footage.

thanks!

It can be used to charge the remote controller. See this thread.

The remote controller firmware is updated using DJI GO or the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Last edited:
its for updates and crash avoidance camera calibration.. when required via the pc and DJI assistant 2
a quick calibration can be done via the go app on the sensors
page 23 of the manual

Reactions: Parker
its for updates and crash avoidance camera calibration.. when required via the pc and DJI assistant 2
a quick calibration can be done via the go app on the sensors
page 23 of the manual
Ah! didn't see that, thank you sir.

If you plug the micro USB into a computer the Mavic Pro shows up like a camera. This way you can download the images and videos from it without having to have a micro SD card reader on your computer.

My only annoyance about it is that you need to turn on the Mavic to see the media when the cord is connected. This means that you need to expand the arms and remove the gimble cover. This is a minor complaint considering how handy the ability to download the media via a cable is.

Is the Micro USB port on the mavic pro aircraft the same size as the micro usb on the remote controller?

Thank you. I tried to put the micro usb that came with my Mavic into the Mavic pro aircraft itself and it didn't seem to want to plug in. I didn't force it. I had it in the correct position and not upside down.

Yeah, I don't like the way the one on the controller is set up. I always triple check to make sure I'm putting the cable in right.

Reactions: Dan Lee
Do you know if the new Mini USB type C connector will fit the Mavic Pro aircraft on the side?

Ok thanks. I'm going to have to pick up a longer cord so I can calibrate my vision sensors from my PC and I read about the C type. I'll be sure not to get it.

Ok thanks. I'm going to have to pick up a longer cord so I can calibrate my vision sensors from my PC and I read about the C type. I'll be sure not to get it.
you can use the cable provided in the kit for charging the RC...it is barely long enough but a good quality 1m (3ft) cable will make it a bit easier.

Reactions: ISpeekW00kie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000