DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro USB to Lightning cable

Mike_in_Letcombe

Reactions
The Mavic comes with a short (5"?} cable for connecting iPhones to the side port. If I use my iPad Mini, I have to use a 10" USB to Lightning, plugged into lower socket. Does anyone know if there is a longer DJI microUSB to Lightning cable, so I can use the side port with my iPad?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Good question. Haven't seen one long enough though. I might try a regular lightning cable connected to OTG micro usb.

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
Try this with iPad mini in lower USB socket on controller the plus is your side micro USB port will always be free for charging the controller.

Zeskit Lightning to USB Cable Pro for Headphones Amplifier / DAC - MFi Certified, for iPhone iPod iPad (10cm / 4 inches, Black & Red Nylon Mesh) Amazon.com: Zeskit Lightning to USB Cable Pro for Headphones Amplifier / DAC - MFi Certified, for iPhone iPod iPad (10cm / 4 inches, Black & Red Nylon Mesh): Computers & Accessories

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Try this with iPad mini in lower USB socket on controller the plus is your side micro USB port will always be free for charging the controller.

Zeskit Lightning to USB Cable Pro for Headphones Amplifier / DAC - MFi Certified, for iPhone iPod iPad (10cm / 4 inches, Black & Red Nylon Mesh) Amazon.com: Zeskit Lightning to USB Cable Pro for Headphones Amplifier / DAC - MFi Certified, for iPhone iPod iPad (10cm / 4 inches, Black & Red Nylon Mesh): Computers & Accessories

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How is this able to reach the ports at 4 inches long?

Go to their online store. It's in the inspire 1 accessories group. I have no idea how long it is,but I ordered one on 2/4/17 and haven't seen it yet. I sent a message on 3/4/17 and got a response that said they would ship by 3/14/17. Another lost in the shuffle deal is my guess. When it gets here, I'll provide some info.

Reactions: Jaysjob
Go to their online store. It's in the inspire 1 accessories group. I have no idea how long it is,but I ordered one on 2/4/17 and haven't seen it yet. I sent a message on 3/4/17 and got a response that said they would ship by 3/14/17. Another lost in the shuffle deal is my guess. When it gets here, I'll provide some info.

Thanks for the link. The only problem is I am looking for a 90 degree on both ends and one end being the lightning connection and the other being a micro USB. Like the one that comes with the Mavic just a little bit longer.

If you mean me, an iPad mini 2. I know I can use the full USB at the bottom. Which I am using. I would love to use the micro USB on the side of the controller.
mini 2 is what I'm using. I have a right angle on both ends (USB to lightning) and I think I would rather have the USB straight. That's why I ordered the one from dji.

mini 2 is what I'm using. I have a right angle on both ends (USB to lightning) and I think I would rather have the USB straight. That's why I ordered the one from dji.

Really Starz? That's very interesting. Why is that?

Really Starz? That's very interesting. Why is that?
The right angle on the USB end just seems to be not quite the right angle for my setup. I'm using the mavmount to hold the mini. There is a slot cut into the mavmount that the cable goes through to fish it's way up to the mini and it seems to be a little more of a twist than I like. I'll find out how the other one fits when it gets here.

The right angle on the USB end just seems to be not quite the right angle for my setup. I'm using the mavmount to hold the mini. There is a slot cut into the mavmount that the cable goes through to fish it's way up to the mini and it seems to be a little more of a twist than I like. I'll find out how the other one fits when it gets here.

How long is you double ended right angles cord? If it is long enough (6-8") and you don't like it I'll buy it from you or replace it with one you do like. Post a picture of the cord and let me know the length if you're interested. Thanks!

IMG_0143.JPG Center to center of connector is 11.5 inches purchased on eBay. Probably going to keep it for now. I'll dig up the link.

Reactions: G284L and Jaysjob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu