DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 2 vs mini 4, kinda big decision, anyone used both

rockwind1

Reactions
thanks for advice on other thread. I got an iphone 7 plus, and yes, paying 900$ for it sucked.

but they have a special on a mini 2 with celllular for about 230$ brand new. vs the mini 4 which is going to cost 500 plus.

is the screen really that much better on mini 4?

thanks for any info.

is the screen really that much better on mini 4?
The screen is noticeably brighter and it has an anti-reflective coating. If you don't plan on flying in direct sunlight, then the iPad Mini 2 should work just fine for you.

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
The 4 will be supported longer I assume. But as I have heard both work great at this point.

That said, I love my mini 4 for flying. Only reason I got it.

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
Yeah, I was looking at hoods for mine. Anybody know of ones that are decently priced? I was looking at Hoodman, but for the whole set up for the iPad pro, it's around 70.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I haven't used both but I bought a mini 4 just for the mavic. I got a 32gb cellular refurbished from GameStop for under $300

Reactions: djhoodrich
You can also look at the new iPad 32gb WiFi only for around 360. I work at Verizon so I work with these on a daily basis, and by specs, the Mini 4 and the new iPad are pretty much the same, except for the screen and the price.

The wifi only iPads do not have GPS/GLASNOST. Not necessarily a show stopper, since there are only two functions - follow me, and set home to controller pos - that use the iPad location directly. I like it because it provides additional verification that the RTH location is correct.

The wifi only iPads do not have GPS/GLASNOST. Not necessarily a show stopper, since there are only two functions - follow me, and set home to controller pos - that use the iPad location directly. I like it because it provides additional verification that the RTH location is correct.

I use a Garmin GLO for excellent GPS on wifi version, connects via Bluetooth.

I've usd both and they both work well physically and programmatically with DJI go, I never suffered a program freeze while flying. The 2 was wifi only and I couldn't get follow me to work even when linked to a phone hotspot and I wasn't willing to carry another device so moved to the lte enabled 4. All works well. The 4 is slightly lighter, thinner and slightly easier to see in sunlight. When you put either in the RC make sure you put the home button to the right. Magnets in the edges of the iPad can effect the Hall sensors that are used in the joysticks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato