DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Flight Log

shane05

Reactions
I've seen a few posts with people talking about incorrect cumulative hours, etc. but I just flew for 15 minutes, got video of the whole 15 minutes cached, but there is no record of the flight under my flight logs. I just got the Mavic this past week and this was the 7th flight - the only one today. All of my other flights are there, including those from my phantom.

I synced my logs but I'm looking at them on the same device I used for the flight anyway. Not a big deal if it's just a fluke, just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen. I'm on the current DJI Go 4 app on a Samsung Galaxy S8. The firmware is current on everything (.800).

This was the first flight since flashing the new firmware, I had one update when I first got it and was prompted to update again yesterday afternoon. I updated everything using DJI Assistant and everything went fine with that. It's too late to try another flight tonight but I'll see what happens next time.

On a side note, DJI Go has crashed on my S8 more times than not but on tonight's flight it did great. I did try to set up streaming accounts and Facebook logged in fine but YouTube kept crashing the app when I would tap "basic". Otherwise everything is working fine. Other than the missing log of course...

Well, I changed my mind and went out for a quick hover. This time the flight log is there. Still no sign of the last one though and I have a 15 minute video so I'm sure I didn't imagine it

My phone memory card was full and i got the cache full msg. No flight details got logged after that. Importsnt to clear video and photos

Reactions: shane05
My phone memory card was full and i got the cache full msg. No flight details got logged after that. Importsnt to clear video and photos

Thanks for the idea but I have around 40 GB free on the phone and even more available on the SD card in the phone, though I don't think the app can be set to cache to the SD card. It did happen again last night. I flew for around 15 minutes, the app did crash mid-flight but I was able to get it connected again. I landed it, turned everything off, checked the app for the flight and it wasn't there. Again, I have video of the full flight from the SD card - I didn't get a cached copy on the phone even though it is set for it. It's worth noting that on the original flight that I posted about, the app never crashed. It just didn't record the flight in my logs and it too failed to cache the video. I may just have to play with the settings on the phone. I'm going to try using "Game Mode" next time and see if that helps - especially with the crashing app. I've been keeping it "optimized".

I have the same problem: 2 flights weren't recorded yesterday... they are present on fly logs data (.dat files) inside drone memory and they are also present inside flights logs inside dji log folder inside my galaxy S8 memory, but there aren't any traces of them inside Dji flight records folder. Is there any way to upload these missing flight to Dji clouds so i can review them in dji go app?
Thanks

I have the same problem: 2 flights weren't recorded yesterday... they are present on fly logs data (.dat files) inside drone memory and they are also present inside flights logs inside dji log folder inside my galaxy S8 memory, but there aren't any traces of them inside Dji flight records folder. Is there any way to upload these missing flight to Dji clouds so i can review them in dji go app?
Thanks

Someone has experienced this?

Thanks
Hi renton82, is it possible to recover a log from drone memory to DJI android app in the phone? I flew without the phone and therefore I missed the log in DJI app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1