DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile disconnect

Nemo5632

Reactions
Hey all.

I have a HTC Desire Eye running the DJI app. It's my old phone that's not needed anymore so i did a factory restore, it has nothing but the DJI app loaded. The spec of the phone is fine for what the app needs. Has a 64gb SD for video cache only 10% used.

Every now and then the app disconnects while flying, i still have full control of the mavic via the controller. To fix i leave the drone hovering and reboot the app. And all is well, It happens randomly i cant work out why. Has anyone had issues with android device's dropping connection?

I'm using the usb port on the bottom of the controller rather than the one on the side, due to the position of the micro USB on the phone. Any issues with this? Also could the quality of the lead make any difference?

Maybe someone else could answer about the HTC device you are using, I dont have experience with it. I will tell you that DJI Go can be finicky which devices it works with.

DJI Go 4 has been really stable for me for a few months now. I have close to 300 flights logged, and have not had any disconnects. I fly dozens of drones that I have repaired, and still no issues with the software.

I use the USB port on the bottom exclusively because I use an extender to raise my device closer to me and needed a longer cable to connect. No problems using it.

Yes the quality of the lead could make a big difference and drive you crazy if you use a poor quality one. I try to use DJI cables only, but I also use others but test them thoroughly before trusting them too much.

Seems most people have this problem with android devices. I got tired of it and finally just bought an iPad mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143