DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Modded Fatshark FPV Googles

Zoso

Reactions
I am curious if anyone has tried mounting a Fatshark camera and lipo so that the Fatshark FSP googles could be used ? It seems a waste of $ to purchase dji googles if you could adapt the Fatshark . Obviously there is a a difference between the Fatshark and Dji Googles , as I am not trying to compare them . Just save a few bucks for a similar experience .

Mods : if this post is in the wrong area please move or remove as I did a search for this question and did not find a result.

The DJI Goggles and the Fatsharks have no similarity. Fat shark picture quality is less, and they cost as much for a pair.

For $449 you get everything you need. I don't know why you would even try a Fatshark on a Mavic. Also, the goggles have telemetry and all the critical functions of the Mavic.

Overall the DJI Goggles cost much less

Wow , please read the post . I am curious if anyone has attempted to adapt the fat shark to the mavic ? I am not asking about a comparison . We all know the DJI Googles are far superior. ( if you already own fat shark googles)

Last edited:
Wow , please read the post . I am curious if anyone has attempted to adapt the fat shark to the mavic ? I am not asking about a comparison . We all know the DJI Googles are far superior.

The title says DJI Goggles OR Modded Fat Shark sounds like a comparison to me.

I see no reason why one couldn't strap a Fatshark Transmitter & Camera on top of a Mavic for FPV. you'd need to carry a battery, or figure out a why to tap into the Mavic battery for power. IIRC, the Fatshark will handle either a 3 or 4 cell Lipo. A much simpler, smaller, and lighter set-up would be to utilize a Spektrum VA1100 all-in-one ultra micro FPV camera system. Uses a very small 1 cell 150 or 200 mah Lipo batt.

Keep in mind that the Spektrum and the Fatshark won't have anywhere near the range of the DJI Goggles. The Spektrum is probably good for a hundred yards, and the Fatshark , a couple of hundred.

Wow , please read the post . I am curious if anyone has attempted to adapt the fat shark to the mavic ? I am not asking about a comparison . We all know the DJI Googles are far superior. ( if you already own fat shark googles)

First off you keep typing "googles" and second I read your post, and to an outsider it reads like you're trying to save money by buying cheaper goggles, which fatsharks are not.

Lastly, there is no known way to hook to a Mavic. You need an HDMI out and the only way that will happen is if you use a ANDROID device that has one.

I see no reason why one couldn't strap a Fatshark Transmitter & Camera on top of a Mavic for FPV. you'd need to carry a battery, or figure out a why to tap into the Mavic battery for power. IIRC, the Fatshark will handle either a 3 or 4 cell Lipo. A much simpler, smaller, and lighter set-up would be to utilize a Spektrum VA1100 all-in-one ultra micro FPV camera system. Uses a very small 1 cell 150 or 200 mah Lipo batt.

Keep in mind that the Spektrum and the Fatshark won't have anywhere near the range of the DJI Goggles. The Spektrum is probably good for a hundred yards, and the Fatshark , a couple of hundred.

Or you could do that. It's been done search YouTube

I thought it was constructive. You're post was confusing at best, clearly I'm not alone in thinking that.

People have adapted FatShark's with a FPV cam mounted on the nose. Otherwise you have to find a "HDMI out". I believe lots of the Android tablets have hdmi out, like the Google tablets?

Then you have to use Litchi or something like that to get the full effect of the goggles otherwise you'll just get a copy of what's in your phone or tablet.

Hope that helps. I have the goggles and they are superb so far.

Well Goonie , thank you for your condensending replies and informing of being able to find answers on YouTube. Perhaps you could bash more threads with your intellectual knowledge.
I appreciate the time you have invested in assisting me ;)

Good I how I helped you somehow.

I have both the Fatshark HD2 and the DJI goggles. You cannot compare them, image quality is much better on DJI goggles.
So I am using my DJI goggles now for my conventional FPV stuff, too.
As a receiver I am ususally using a Blackpearl monitor with built-in diversity receiver which is mounted onto my remote controller.
I bought a CVBS to HDMI converter and a UBEC module which is mounted to the monitor's backside by velcro, connected to the DC out and video out of the monitor. This way I get a HDMI signal compatible to the DJI goggles and enjoy a far better image than used to from Fatshark goggles..

I am curious if anyone has tried mounting a Fatshark camera and lipo so that the Fatshark FSP googles could be used ? It seems a waste of $ to purchase dji googles if you could adapt the Fatshark . Obviously there is a a difference between the Fatshark and Dji Googles , as I am not trying to compare them . Just save a few bucks for a similar experience .

Mods : if this post is in the wrong area please move or remove as I did a search for this question and did not find a result.

The easiest way to get video into Fatshark goggles is to Velcro one of the All-in-one camera/VTX units with a small 1 cell lipo to the Mavic somewhere . If you have a diversity system on the fatsharks with a directional antenna you could probably get a mile range . These things are tiny but work really well .
Amazon.com: GOQOTOMO GT02 200mW 5.8GHz 40CH FPV Video Transmitter with Ultra Micro AIO NTSC 600TVL Camera Combo for FPV Indoor Racing: Toys & Games

The easiest way to get video into Fatshark goggles is to Velcro one of the All-in-one camera/VTX units with a small 1 cell lipo to the Mavic somewhere . If you have a diversity system on the fatsharks with a directional antenna you could probably get a mile range . These things are tiny but work really well .
Amazon.com: GOQOTOMO GT02 200mW 5.8GHz 40CH FPV Video Transmitter with Ultra Micro AIO NTSC 600TVL Camera Combo for FPV Indoor Racing: Toys & Games

Rydfree , thanks that is the info I was looking for . Have you tried this ?

Reactions: rydfree
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61