DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More absolute stupidity..

It's funny they say it was "in the airport" - check in luggage or flying in departure lounge?
Almost no info included to confirm validity of report, but threatening large drone pictured to suggest dreadful danger.
It might even have a bomb on board the look of it.
Airport would be no fly zone so most serious drones not able to fly unless very serious military style or home made.

Premise: idiots, wrong behaviour that damage all of us should be arrested and fined.
That said, isn't it an exaggeration to close an airport or suggest pilots to "flight with caution"? I mean, let's be serious, i am not an expert but, what sort of damage can make a light plastic drone to an airplane? Is it much more dangerous than a medium sized bird?

Premise: idiots, wrong behaviour that damage all of us should be arrested and fined.
That said, isn't it an exaggeration to close an airport or suggest pilots to "flight with caution"? I mean, let's be serious, i am not an expert but, what sort of damage can make a light plastic drone to an airplane? Is itmuch more dangerous than a medium size bird?
Yes it's no worse than a bird:

I know you don't mean to be flippant, so I'm not trying to be a ****, but taking a bird through an engine is no joke, nor would be a drone.

Reactions: ryo and AKflyer
Yes it's no worse than a bird:

I know you don't mean to be flippant, so I'm not trying to be a &%£#, but taking a bird through an engine is no joke, nor would be a drone.

I have to admit that i would not imagine such a serious threat with birds......yeah, i imagine a drone would cause a similar damage.

That said, isn't it an exaggeration to close an airport or suggest pilots to "flight with caution"? I mean, let's be serious, i am not an expert but, what sort of damage can make a light plastic drone to an airplane? Is it much more dangerous than a medium sized bird?
Would you want to be on a flight that was hit by a bird or drone? Also, consider the battery, it has a good chance it will explode. A drone sucked into a jet engine will not turn out good, it could flame out in a best case scenario. Aircraft hitting anything mid-air is a big problem. Ask Captain Sullenberger.

Reactions: ryo
Closing the airport is hardly a rational reaction to reports of a drone somewhere - presumably not in flightpath.
By the time they enacted it the ten minute battery life would be used and owner back home looking at footage.

WTF man? Why would someone knowingly fly over or near an airport? I can tell you as an aircraft mechanic closing down the airspace is a logical decision. I've seen birds and small hardware demolish engines and aircraft to the point they crash. If a little bird can take out a jet a giant flying mechanical spider will definitely do it.

Reactions: rydfree

I don't think you would even want to be in a plane sitting on the tarmac and someone one walk up and toss the Mavic battery into the engine . Just the battery at low speed impacting the engine would be much worse than most birds . Heck if some one doesn't think a drone poses a serious threat to aircraft just let me toss the Mavic battery at your car windscreen unexpectedly while going down the interstate at 70mph . most people would end up in the ditch .

Reactions: madman4049
Closing the airport is hardly a rational reaction to reports of a drone somewhere - presumably not in flightpath.
By the time they enacted it the ten minute battery life would be used and owner back home looking at footage.

People have more than one battery , hell there's even a thread here about a battery mod for more flight time .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore