DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More MavicPro drone mapping success with DroneDeploy

aerialphotosbrisbane

Reactions
I have been using the MavicPro for drone mapping and am keen to share the story and get a discussion going about drone mapping. I have used DroneDeploy to control the drone and its works so well. Fell free to chip in about projects, case studies done, I would like to see other mapping work.

I wrote a short blog post about it Geospatial Drone Mapping using Consumer Drones - DroneAce Brisbane.

cheers

Excellent feature, very informative, I'll look into the links further.

Many thanks for posting it!

This is going to be part of my masters thesis..good work and looking forward to more updates!

I've seen some people in the DroneDeploy forums refer to you. I think someone posted your twitter with the imagery. Well done.

I just can't get DroneDeploy to work right with my Mavic. 4 tests- everything up to date, fw, IOS, every render and the images uploaded are all blurry. I've tried a couple of workarounds from the DP forum and still found no success.

I'm wondering if the ND filter I have on it has anything to do with it.

Ace: did you do any workarounds with your Mavic?

I've seen some people in the DroneDeploy forums refer to you. I think someone posted your twitter with the imagery. Well done.

I just can't get DroneDeploy to work right with my Mavic. 4 tests- everything up to date, fw, IOS, every render and the images uploaded are all blurry. I've tried a couple of workarounds from the DP forum and still found no success.

I'm wondering if the ND filter I have on it has anything to do with it.

Ace: did you do any workarounds with your Mavic?

ND filter is definitely a no no.
-Remove the filter as you want a fast shutter
- I also reco unchecking the automatic camera settings in DD app
- I usually set flight plan height 275-325 depending on the terrain
- sidelap 65; front lap 75;
- flight direction towards/against wind

Once you've setup your flight plan in DD,
- Take off with DJI GO, raise to height of your flight plan, point camera down, adjust exposure, click auto focus
- switch to DD, start the flight plan and kick back

ND filter is definitely a no no.
-Remove the filter as you want a fast shutter
- I also reco unchecking the automatic camera settings in DD app
- I usually set flight plan height 275-325 depending on the terrain
- sidelap 65; front lap 75;
- flight direction towards/against wind

Once you've setup your flight plan in DD,
- Take off with DJI GO, raise to height of your flight plan, point camera down, adjust exposure, click auto focus
- switch to DD, start the flight plan and kick back

Thanks man. Definitely want this to work. Will try tomorrow.

Aloha

Thanks man. Definitely want this to work. Will try tomorrow.

Aloha
Have also tried DroneDeploy and Altizure to take pictures for photogrammetry. In use of both programs you have to start with DJI GO to the height, if not you may get blurry photos, the auto focus is not always functioning, some time yes, some time not. It is a little bit complicated. I use AutoStitch to stitch the photos.

Thanks for all this interesting info, I admit that I've tried and I have sometimes bad results with blury pictures on DD
What about the flight speed?
I notice that that less than10m/s my pictures are less blury

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato