DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More Mavics in the air in the U.S.

Cutaway

Reactions
Costco (a giant everything retailer) is selling the MP in the stores! It is displayed by the main entrance.

DJI is going main stream...

5a7c42d0946c25a9dbd201f443f120f8.jpg

3x propellers???
I wonder how this one will fly [emoji12]

comes with prop guards too maybe DJI are running out of refresh units to send out or have had enough of repairing them instead of making them lol

Reactions: Blades and iBrownie
You just can't sell something like this to the masses. They're just opening up a can of worms now. I can just see a bunch of nine year olds getting these for Christmas.

Last edited:
It's a toy. Kids ride bikes and skateboard these days... Why should they not fly a little quadcopter?

Reactions: Doecliff
I want a 9 year old flying over me and my family? Or, he thinks it's "cool" to buzz somebody and flys the Mavic into them! And then the "parents" refuse to take responsibility for their progeny' actions?

Why not put that same 9 year old behind the wheel of a car?

Worst case scenario -- maybe, but I think it's a stupid risk.

YMMV

Reactions: thekaijin
My 4.5 year old son is flying my Mavic from time to time (under supervision).
Also 9 year olds can kick a football in anyone's face - I don't see much difference..

Also 9 year olds can kick a football in anyone's face - I don't see much difference..

I just wouldn't give a 9 year old (let alone 4) a $1000 dollar toy - what if they CSC - that could easily happen even with "supervision"

I just wouldn't give a 9 year old (let alone 4) a $1000 dollar toy - what if they CSC - that could easily happen even with "supervision"
Nothing would happen. CSC is set to "emergency only" for me.
Giving children responsibility helps them develop a responsible behavior.
Of course I wouldn't make that expensive presents for Christmas, but if people want to do so - just let them.
And if they crash it - their problem.

Reactions: divecj5

Heh, well there is a difference. If your kid kicks a football in someone's face, no authority is going to come and change the rules on who is allowed to kick a football, how hard, or even threaten to take footballs away.

All it will take is a few high profile drone mistakes before Congress cracks down on their usage in the USA. "A nine-year-old child using his father's drone caused a traffic accident, tragically killing a mother of four and her two children."

Just saying.

Reactions: thekaijin
Nothing would happen. CSC is set to "emergency only" for me.
Giving children responsibility helps them develop a responsible behavior.
Of course I wouldn't make that expensive presents for Christmas, but if people want to do so - just let them.
And if they crash it - their problem.

Apologies to everyone else for taking this thread elsewhere - but it's not their problem really...? I think the point is if you give a 9 year old a drone capable of seriously hurting someone or damaging property it becomes someone else's problem as well...

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Apologies to everyone else for taking this thread elsewhere - but it's not their problem really...? I think the point is if you give a 9 year old a drone capable of seriously hurting someone or damaging property it becomes someone else's problem as well...
THANK YOU.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest