DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motion Blur or Just Bad Settings?

HerSens90

Reactions
OK. I know there are many discussions about the Mavic and the best settings to shoot in, and i read a lot of them, but its getting me frustrated everyday more and more.

I upload some footage below that i shot a couple of days ago.
What's frustrating me the most is the blurry footage, and when i fly with at a higher speed the footage looks shocking. Oh and i think i have a soft spot at the upper left corner??
Or i'm just expecting too much from the MP and his 4K Camera?

( Blurry Ship Details )
( Blurry Ship Details )
( Blurry people at the Ferry )
( Footage at the background isn't fluently )

I shot these footage in:
2.7K/24FPS
ISO:100
Shutter: 300-500
True Color
WB: Sunny
Style: 0-0-0
PolarPro ND8 Cinema Filter

Please let me know what you guys think and maybe you have some solutions.

This footage looks fine to me, at least on my monitor.

Did you state your shutter correctly as 1/300 to 1/500 second? If so then you shouldn't be getting any motion blur at those speeds. If, on the other hand you meant 1/30 to 1/50th, you will get some motion blur unless you are moving really slow, relative to the subject.
Also, if you mean background staccato, at 24 FPS it is going to be hard to avoid, again unless you are moving ridiculously slowly.

Reactions: avanti1963
I could see the camera not focusing until the same point on each of the videos. It was around 16 seconds on each one. You have several focusing options you can use.

I could see the camera not focusing until the same point on each of the videos. It was around 16 seconds on each one. You have several focusing options you can use.
This footage looks fine to me, at least on my monitor.

Did you state your shutter correctly as 1/300 to 1/500 second? If so then you shouldn't be getting any motion blur at those speeds. If, on the other hand you meant 1/30 to 1/50th, you will get some motion blur unless you are moving really slow, relative to the subject.
Also, if you mean background staccato, at 24 FPS it is going to be hard to avoid, again unless you are moving ridiculously slowly.

The Shutterspeed was between 1/300 and 1/500. But is seems like im the only person who is not happy with the footage :D...Next time i will switch to 2.7K/30 FPS and take more time to set the settings and test which ND Filter is the best and will compare the footage, perhaps that will keep me satisfied.

But you don't see a soft spot on the upper left side of the screen?

The Shutterspeed was between 1/300 and 1/500. But is seems like im the only person who is not happy with the footage :D...Next time i will switch to 2.7K/30 FPS and take more time to set the settings and test which ND Filter is the best and will compare the footage, perhaps that will keep me satisfied.

But you don't see a soft spot on the upper left side of the screen?
No, sorry I do not. I stopped your videos several times with hard edged images when they crossed the top left corner (obviously you cannot judge with soft things like clouds etc) and I did not notice any softening when compared to earlier, when the object was nearer the center.

But again, Youtube, and my monitor might not be the best at catching a slight softening that you perceive.

At any rate it wouldn't be in an area where someone's center of focus would be, but you have to be the final judge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803