DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

motors cut when throttle stick pulled down?

wingart

Reactions
Hi every one.
when wanting to desend in a hurry ,I move the throttle stick to the bottom of its travel.
All other controls centerd.
After 2 seconds the motors stop iam worried this might happen in flight.
Have I got a setting wrong?
many thanks Steve

It won't (shouldn't) happen in flight as the Mavic knows she's in the air. I don't believe that there is a setting that you could get wrong to do this..

Reactions: Logger
It won't (shouldn't) happen in flight as the Mavic knows she's in the air. I don't believe that there is a setting that you could get wrong to do this..

He is half right.

Mavic knows it's on the ground and will shut down motors automatically after landing. So pulling down on the stick will cause the motors to stop, when in the ground.

There is a method to cut the motors off if there is an emergency. It requires both sticks to be pushed down and towards the center....or down and both towards the outside. Default setting only allows this to work after the aircraft senses an emergency, but it is possible to allow this during normal flight.

Hi pedro.
will get some serious height in a safe place and try a rapid desend.
many thanks

There isn't a way to program the Mavic to turn the motors off just with the throttle stick so I don't believe the OP can have got a setting wrong such that just the throttle stick turns the motors off..

Half right?? How was that half wrong? In flight, pulling the throttle stick full down will not cut the motors..
I think Lapeer just misread or misunderstood your post because you indeed were all the way correct!

Reactions: Pedro
so if you are 400 ft up and continue to hold down the right stick all the way will the bird slowly descend down or will it cut the motors like the first poster said? If you hold all the way down will it land automatically as well or will it hover about 3 feet above the ground and ask if you would like to land?

Yea I saw this a while ago, some of the guys got flamed for trying it out over a public street as it started falling out of control. They have a lot more guts than I would ever have! They also did a video of trying to get the mavic to land on the bed of a moving truck but they couldnt get it to work.

Reactions: Blades
so if you are 400 ft up and continue to hold down the right stick all the way will the bird slowly descend down or will it cut the motors like the first poster said? If you hold all the way down will it land automatically as well or will it hover about 3 feet above the ground and ask if you would like to land?

Mode 2 will be left stick? The throttle stick on its own cannot cut the motors so if you pull the throttle stick right down, your Mavic will descend and unless you've turned off Landing Protection, it will hover 3 feet above the ground and then land. This is how to turn Landing Protection off, your Mavic will then not hover at 3 feet but continue descending until it lands but be careful as that can be quite fast!: Landing Protection any reason I want this on?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura