DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP maintenance

beejAMG

Reactions
Good day! just wondering, like any good and reliable equipment with moving parts, is there some sort of maintenance that needs to be followed/done to our Mavic and or RC to prolong its life? ie motors, fan, RC battery etc...

Check the props for scrapes,cracks or chips and replace them. Wipe Clean the mavic with a damp cloth no harsh chemicals, take a fine soft brush and clean the vents as needed. Take a microfiber cloth and gently wipe the camera lense and front vision sensors.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using MavicPilots mobile app

thanks for the reply.
what about the rotor motors?
and the RC bat, is that replaceable?

Motors could last 500 flights if they are not abused. If you crash, best to replace the motor if it has been struck.

Battery is replaceable for well under $100 but batteries can last hundreds of cycles, if you take care of them and dont leave them fully charged for too long withtout flying, and without discharging them too low without recharging. The batteries are smarter than most RC batteries, they wont let you overcharge them if you use a standard DJI charger, and you can set automatic discharge time in DJI go just in case you forget.

Props should be checked every flight and replaced after around 100 flights. The tabs under the hubs wear out, and can get loose, so its a cheap fix for $9 a pair.

Mavic wings (arms) should be checked at hinge points for play, especially the rear ones. Too much play can affect your thrust line, or if you have had a cash, it can be out of line with the other arms..

I expect the rubber gimbal dampers in the cam to last a year, and those are a maintenance item you could do yourself with a tweezers once they are available. The old white Phantom ones would dry out and crack, mine lasted around a year.

The controller will probably last a very long time, maybe after a few years you will need to replace the battery on it.

The Mavic is really a low maintenance bird, great for beginners as well as advanced users.

thanks for the info...i appreciate it.
hopefully parts are readily available in the future. and maybe some diy pics/videos from other flyers.

There are probably dozens of DIY vids now on Youtube, from replacing the gimbal, to replacing arms. Surely more on regular maintenance in the future.

Reactions: beejAMG
I dont know about that 100 flight rule with the props, people use to say that with the Phantom props but people go well over a hundred flights. Just make sure the props are still tight when you unfold them if they flop down, replace them.
Check to make sure the plastic notches on the props are in good condition, if any of the notches are cracked or missing replace them.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje