DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Must have Apps

jyphotog

Reactions
Hello, I was curious if there is a good list of must have apps? As of right now, all I have is the DJI Go app. What else do I need?

Get Litchi if you want to spend the money. It's a great app.

The essentials you'll need are the FAA'a B4UFly app and another app called Hover. Also get the MavicPilots app. It makes it easier to talk here when you're on the go.

Reactions: jyphotog
Get Litchi if you want to spend the money. It's a great app

Understand it is a great app, but is it worth the money for a recreational flyer compared to a free app? (I don't mind spending the money, but wish Licthi had a trial because it looks pretty much the same to me...I guess I will have to do some youtube review hunting)

Understand it is a great app, but is it worth the money for a recreational flyer compared to a free app? (I don't mind spending the money, but wish Licthi had a trial because it looks pretty much the same to me...I guess I will have to do some youtube review hunting)
Not at all. It has feature the DJI Go app doesn't, such as planning an advanced mission that drone can execute and finish even if the connection to the RC is lost.

FPV that Lichti provides sold me on the app.
Then I discovered what one can do with setting waypoints and autonomous flights that use camera interpolation between waypoints. No matter how much stick time you have and what your hand to eye coordination is Lichti can create smoother flights and camera movements. It will also allow one to achieve what was only possible with dual operators in the past.

Not at all. It has feature the DJI Go app doesn't, such as planning an advanced mission that drone can execute and finish even if the connection to the RC is lost.

Yup. Pre planing the mission online using the Lichti Mission hub is very helpful as it will not allow you to plan a waypoint that would be at an altitude that would cause the Mavic to crash into an obstacle.

It uses terrain aware planning.

When you decide to fly via "Waypoints", you'll want to get Litchi. Very good tool...

To respond to the OP... IMO, the only "must have" app is DJI GO4 and thats if you really want to explore what the Mavic can do. Other than that, there is nothing you need to fly your Mavic.

I've been flying a while and find UAV forecast useful for getting an idea of what the flying weather is like and the KP Index. It also shows me the "real" NFZ in areas I fly.

Is the preplanning stuff better than the DJI Ground Station Pro that came out on iOS a couple weeks back? (I have android, so I still have to wait for GSP).

FPV - just throw a phone in a VR headset, or is there another requirement?

Is the preplanning stuff better than the DJI Ground Station Pro that came out on iOS a couple weeks back? (I have android, so I still have to wait for GSP).

FPV - just throw a phone in a VR headset, or is there another requirement?

No other requirement for FPV. Just chuck a mobile into a VR headset and Launch Lichti FPV mode.

You cannot save previous waypoint missions with the DJI Ground Control station to be flown again. At least not yet. Perhaps in future upgrades.Other than that it is definitely worth checking out (price is right - free!) if you use an iOS device to fly with the Mavic Pro

No other requirement for FPV. Just chuck a mobile into a VR headset and Launch Lichti FPV mode...
Is the mobile in the VR Headset the one running Litchi in leiu of the standard config with a mobile attached to the RC. If so I take it a cable from the RC to the VR headset or phone is required?

For download images from DJI drone or Osmo I strongly recommend 'Sync for DJI' app (iOS only). This app allows you download media in original resolution (also supports 4K video) and in the background. The app work only with DJI devices.
Sync for DJI allows download images and videos instantly on your iPhone or iPad even in the background.
It is the best that happened with me after buying my Mavic. Cos downloading images from drone was 1 hour routine process.
Appstore (free): Sync for DJI on the App Store

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7