DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My 2 gripes regarding the Mavic

hidaven

Reactions
This thing rocks and is a solid 95 out of 100. transformer like opening and soooooo portable! I opened and closed it at least 50 times and will sleep next to it tonight.......Anyway, I cant fathom for the life of me why DJI would choose to have the quad rest on the props when this thing is set down! One end is fine as it has the rubber legs there but why DJI would you put weight on the motor spindle and prop centers!?!?!? These motors are small and the props need to remain balanced. A simple leg to support that side could have been easily implemented. Lets hope some 3D printing experts can fabricate something up soon. 2nd, the rubber holders for the phone are not designed well. They barely hold a naked phone as they are tight. And forget about using any thin case on your phones. A better design would have been to leave a larger hard gap and supply various shim pads to accommodate various case sizes. Who feels like removing a phone case to fly when the goal is convenience and portability ? Again, lets hope some aftermarket tech Gods can sort that out. Otherwise the thing is a design masterpiece and belongs in a museum.......

I agree on both points But you said it yourself you love the portability and there's got to be a sacrifice for that.
But regarding the RC, no doubt someone will design something that will replace the current clamps altogether. Leave the steel bar and attach something that will allow old folks that could really use a full sized iPad.
In the mean time I have suggested to Litchi to have a portrait mode so I can use my iPad Air 2, hell it works for me.

I think its even easier to design a simple "rest" that sits with double sided tape on that metal area to keep it off the props.....Wont degrade the flight characteristics.......And yes, there should be an easy fix for those arms. No mobile phone comes close to being bright enough yet, maybe an ipad mini 4. Goggles (portable) will be a must, hopefully DJI was kidding about those monster goggles : )

I also find it very annoying that the phone grips cover most of the home button of an iPhone. With an older iPhone, you can just push the sliver of home button that's exposed. But that doesn't really work with the iPhone 7's "touch button".

First world problems hey..
My 2 gripes are:
Firstly, I wish they added a hole to attach a lanyard. This would be good to assist in hand launches and grab them by the p*ssy hand catches.
And secondly, I wish had a Mavic so I can complain too!!!.

First world problems hey..
My 2 gripes are:
Firstly, I wish they added a hole to attach a lanyard. This would be good to assist in hand launches and grab them by the p*ssy hand catches.
And secondly, I wish had a Mavic so I can complain too!!!.
A lanyard is no problem, buy 2 lanyards with removable 'quick' snaps (non metallic) attach removable portions to phone arm supports take apart the two lanyards attaching the quick snaps to both ends of one. Just snap these to the ones on the controller and presto, you have a removable neck strap. With the phone in it is balanced pretty well.

Reactions: Mako79
A lanyard is no problem, buy 2 lanyards with removable 'quick' snaps (non metallic) attach removable portions to phone arm supports take apart the two lanyards attaching the quick snaps to both ends of one. Just snap these to the ones on the controller and presto, you have a removable neck strap. With the phone in it is balanced pretty well.
Photo please. As per my post, my second gripe is the lack of a mavic controller..

Updated my opinion in a separate thread. Too many issues, one non fixable, for me to keep this.
Have a P3 and Inspire and believe in DJI, just not in this attempt.

This thing rocks and is a solid 95 out of 100. transformer like opening and soooooo portable! I opened and closed it at least 50 times and will sleep next to it tonight.......Anyway, I cant fathom for the life of me why DJI would choose to have the quad rest on the props when this thing is set down! One end is fine as it has the rubber legs there but why DJI would you put weight on the motor spindle and prop centers!?!?!? These motors are small and the props need to remain balanced. A simple leg to support that side could have been easily implemented. Lets hope some 3D printing experts can fabricate something up soon. 2nd, the rubber holders for the phone are not designed well. They barely hold a naked phone as they are tight. And forget about using any thin case on your phones. A better design would have been to leave a larger hard gap and supply various shim pads to accommodate various case sizes. Who feels like removing a phone case to fly when the goal is convenience and portability ? Again, lets hope some aftermarket tech Gods can sort that out. Otherwise the thing is a design masterpiece and belongs in a museum.......
The bottom props take way more stress in the air then they ever would sitting. I feel it's a non issue.

Reactions: moocows42
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji