DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My carrying solution

uneekwahn

Reactions
To me, the DJI Mavic Pro embodies portability and as such, putting it in a large case or pack seems counterintuitive (unless extreme protection is a necessity!).

My solution is this. Designed to carry a Nalgene type bottle, this pouch is perfect for my needs. The strap also doubles as a harness for my controller!

ba7780064885ad02200c50a788245710.jpg
b20f7007a6528a7f9c4b5eda52f8674b.jpg
7f98e22cdc0049ffa5d37975d0f5cfa4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Noice... ingenious with the strap/lanyard swap system. Get a Carabiner hook and attach to the bag. You can then attach it to yourself if you want to walk and fly.

Reactions: uneekwahn
I thought of doing that too. Nice to see it actually working. What brand is that case and does the controller fit in there as well?

Noice... ingenious with the strap/lanyard swap system. Get a Carabiner hook and attach to the bag. You can then attach it to yourself if you want to walk and fly.

This pouch has MOLLE type straps on the back and could quite easily attach to my belt!

I thought of doing that too. Nice to see it actually working. What brand is that case and does the controller fit in there as well?

This is a Triple Aught Design pouch but is no longer made.

Maxpedition, Condor and Hazard4 make similar ones.

I really like your 'remove before flight'. How is that attached?

I used a steel skewer, heated it up and melted a hole through the side of the camera cover and attached it with a key ring.

Nice. Can you give some dimensions of this one you are using and show it loaded and what all you can fit? I've been looking for a carry option for when backpacking. I came across this ad and this is hard to pass up for $17. Just need to confirm dimensions.

Condor H2O Pouch @ TacticalGear.com

Found some Altura Neoprene Pouches to protect the Mavic gear. Four bags were $18. The Mavic fits nice in the large pouch (9.4x4 inches). Controller, charger and extra props can fit in the second largest bag. I bought an extra battery so I just separate everything so it doesn't get scratched up. I use a Maxpedition Gridflux sling pack. It is pricey but a great durable bag that use everyday:
Contents.jpg NeoprenePouches.jpg MavicAcc.jpg MaxpeditionGridflux.jpg

Reactions: jackpea
Hey Uneekwahn. Nice solutions. I think you should change your handle to MacGyver lol

Nice. Can you give some dimensions of this one you are using and show it loaded and what all you can fit? I've been looking for a carry option for when backpacking. I came across this ad and this is hard to pass up for $17. Just need to confirm dimensions.

Condor H2O Pouch @ TacticalGear.com
I just ordered that one on amazon, should be getting it on mon. If it doesn't fit i'll be returning it.

Last edited:
Here's the one I ordered https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068SYN5G/ref=twister_B0086UBPDM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.
View attachment 3879
View attachment 3880
It fits perfectly and no messing around to get it in or out. It's also padded and very well made. A lot cheaper than the maxpedition one. If you hike a lot I highly recommend this pouch. I plan to put a piece of foam on the bottom for extra protection.
Thanks for the idea!

No worries mate, glad it fits your needs :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas