DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My controller dead battery within 25 minutes. What happened?

Jimmie Hanson

Reactions
Question I just took a flight of say 20 minutes. I had charged my controller 100%. Forgot and left it plugged in all night. That should not have hurt anything. When I finished my flight battery on controller was down to 7% What happened. It was plugged into USB to my cell phone. Maybe that was a mistake and it should have been plugged in on the side.. Maybe I answered my own question. But 20 minutes ouch for Mavic battery and controller. Temp outside was 95 degrees.

Never had that happen before to the controller. Just download new software yesterday but I charged it fully before my flight. Thanks

Wait a minute, that doesn't sound right?

or maybe I read wrong... do you mean you kept your phone plugged in to your RC the whole night?

or????

Wait a minute, that doesn't sound right?

or maybe I read wrong... do you mean you kept your phone plugged in to your RC the whole night?

or????
I shouldn't even brought that up as the controller when full stops charging. It was really irrelevant to my main problem. Just stating a fact. Sorry to confuse.

I
I'm still confuse but I think no matter.. hehe

fly safe
Here is what happened
I flew my Mavic for 20 minutes My battery on the drone was discharged to 15%
My controller was discharge to 10%
I connected my USB port on the controller to my Cell phone
What happened was I not only flew the drone with my cell phone and controller but I charged my cell phone from my controller battery which left me with little battery left in the controller and a fully charged cell phone.

Reactions: Cerberus
Fly safe too. I am very conservative when flying so I am taking one step at a time to understand everything. I was a private pilot with 3000 hours so I know the term "fly safe"

Thanks

I guess I don't understand how the phone charged up so fast... the RC Controller shouldn't be able to put out that kind of current. Keep an eye on this... something doesn't sound quite right.

I guess I don't understand how the phone charged up so fast... the RC Controller shouldn't be able to put out that kind of current. Keep an eye on this... something doesn't sound quite right.

yea, I have this feeling too

Yes I was confused at first but after reading it again I got the opinion that he connected a phone that had very little charge.
I assume the battery on the RC was literally powering both devices. I also assumed his phone is one of the larger models.

Rob

My phone is Galaxy 7 Edge but the phone was charged. If when flying I am plugging phone into the USB port of the Controller Question What should happen except the communication between the devices ????????????????

The problem was that my controller battery was almost drained after a 20 minute flight. My phone and controller were both fully charged before flight

The phone will charge no matter which connection is used? Side or usb? And there is no way to turn that off to preserve controller battery?

I always charge my phone and controller fully before I fly. I will fly again today to see what happens. I will plug into the side of the controller today instead of USB port from phone

I flew yesterday 2 - 15 minute flights and my controller was down to 65% My cell phone Galaxy 7 Edge was down to 95%

hello people...I'm new to this forum so bear with me.I am having the same issue with my rc....charges my phone and depletes the rc battery very quickly...got to be a fix for that?

When I plug my iPad mini4 into the USB it doesn't show as charging but if I plug an Android device into the same USB it starts charging.... peculiar indeed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98