DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My controller dead battery within 25 minutes. What happened?

hello people...I'm new to this forum so bear with me.I am having the same issue with my rc....charges my phone and depletes the rc battery very quickly...got to be a fix for that?
When I attached my Android to the controller(the port on the side), it asked if I wanted to start GO4 by default when "this USB device" is attached. So my S7 saw a new device and asked what to do with it, if there is no human intervention then perhaps defaults to charging device, Check to see what you PHONE does with the connection.

Ive never seen that message come up on my phone..I did try an iPhone with the lightening cable and it does the same thing....I got an answer back from dji and they haven't found a solution to it but they are working on one...I must say those folks at dji are very quick to respond to a question...good service

I sent a message to dji asking them if theres a fix for this....I`d hate to have to go with an apple thing
I'm getting to realize there is a BIG need to be fare about the depleted value android users are getting. Your right to raise it with DJI

Ive never seen that message come up on my phone..I did try an iPhone with the lightening cable and it does the same thing....I got an answer back from dji and they haven't found a solution to it but they are working on one...I must say those folks at dji are very quick to respond to a question...good service
The good service is judged of there action on known problems... not them admitting it when challenged.

Well...the first step is acknowledging there is a problem and they have done that.....they've been awfully quiet since then though

Because it cannot be fixed by software!
They will either have to update the existing RC hardware or include the fix in the RC that comes with the Mavic2. I would suspect the latter.

Rob

I'm an Android (unrooted S7 Edge) user also. I do not like the fact that the radio charges my phone. I would like to prioritize the radio's battery as it is more critical. Hope there is a solution to this. I don't want to spend more money in getting an iOS device.

Reactions: bleeyw
Because it cannot be fixed by software!
They will either have to update the existing RC hardware or include the fix in the RC that comes with the Mavic2. I would suspect the latter.

Rob
I don't think its that complicated...block the voltage while still allowing data transfer...would require a differently configured cable

Would I be able to just about a micro usb cable and cut the data cable inside. The only problem is that it's only able to be used in the usb port

Tried that in another way, just slipped a thin piece of paper over the usb plug positive contact, and also tried on the negative contact, the lead is not then recognised by the tablet and therefore won't communicate.

Seen somewhere where a 12 ohm resistor soldered in series with the positive wire may work and the tablet still recognise it has a connection. Not tried it personally.

I have a USB plug that displays the current and voltage from a USB port. Using this I have noticed huge differences in USB cables on how they affect the charging current.

I was surprised how the different cables restrict the charging current. I now use a poor (for charging) to connect my tablet to the RC bottom USB PORT and the good cables for charging direct from a charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoKhool
Am I the only one that plugs a charge only cable into the side port of the controller and my phone into the USB port and let them both charge off a powerbank?

I don't think its that complicated...block the voltage while still allowing data transfer...would require a differently configured cable

That's what I thought but several months ago a forum member claimed to have tried cutting the 5V line and for some reason the Data also stopped working. Beats the hell out of me as to why the 5V would kill the data.

Rob

Am I the only one that plugs a charge only cable into the side port of the controller and my phone into the USB port and let them both charge off a powerbank?

OK. Then I must be f'ing crazy bc when I plug anything into the side post it disables the bottom RC USB. Now I've got to put my Bud Light down and screw around with it to see if what you're stating works!! Lol

Reactions: Brunovic
I use my [emoji519] IPad mini and [emoji519] iPhone 7 Plus - no issues at all - just sayin'

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I use my [emoji519] IPad mini and [emoji519] iPhone 7 Plus - no issues at all - just sayin'

I think the reason the iphone wont charge has something to do with the way Apple designed the port. It seems to need verification that the cable is licensed and designed for charging. I suspect that the RC sends a signal out to the iPhone to tell it not to charge from the 5V supply. I don't think Android phones have a standard system in place like i devices.

http://gizmodo.com/5945889/some-third-party-adapters-might-not-work-with-your-new-iphone

Rob

Reactions: bleeyw
Seems to be the DJI Go 4.1.0 issue. Before the update, i just put my phone from Charging to File transfer mode, now it doesn't work, phone keeps charging from the remote.
Xiaomi Mi5 with Android 7.0, original DJI USB Type C cable connected to side port.
It's really annoyng, 'cause remotes' battery deplets quite fast.

UPD: this was not the DJI GOs' fault, tried Litchi, the result's the same.
However, DJI Go keeps crashing after ~15 min flight.

Last edited:
I've had the same issue with my Galaxy 7 edge - controller tries to charge my phone. I always ensure both phone and controller are fully charged before each flight.

OK. Then I must be f'ing crazy bc when I plug anything into the side post it disables the bottom RC USB. Now I've got to put my Bud Light down and screw around with it to see if what you're stating works!! Lol
I agree, I found that the bottom USB port is inactive if the side port has a cable plugged in. The Bud Lite issue is something else :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser