DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My drone has crashed, badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your crash.
The manual says that its not recommended to fly near tall buildings, mountains, etc.
You just flew from it, the nearest as it is possible. Right?

I think the main problem on flying near a building is that there are too many interference sources. Electricity everywhere, tv antennas signals, multiple wifi waves, etc. Therefore the mavic accused strong interference before it starts acting crazy and crash.
The compass, IMU, sonar are strongly affected with those interferences described above and they got "crazy" sending wrong readings to the motors and causing it to fly at wrong unwanted directions.
Again im really sorry about your drone, but I don't think that DJI is responsible for the crash.
Try talking to your local distributor though maybe he could help more than DJI directly. That's the best way to solve your issue.
Good luck on solving this!

Reactions: BruceAlmighty
A couple of things here...

If the aircraft went into ATTI mode, (going by some of the talk here), that is just another reason to be experienced with ATTI flight. The aircraft will default to ATTI if it loses GPS. All operators should learn how to fly in ATTI mode as you will no longer have GPS to fly it for you.

Secondly, when a member asks for help there is no need to condemn them with rude comments. If you really care about safety you would briefly explain in a friendly manner what he may have done to be safer and try to help with their question.

I have reviewed the thread and restored some of the deleted post. If you were warned by the staff about a post, do not post about it on the forum, that is a violation of the rules and will exacerbate your problems here. Please review the rules if you are not familiar with them - Community Rules

Let's not forget we are all here for the same thing, the comradery and the love of RC aircraft. Please treat your fellow members with respect.

Ok, how do you switch it to Atti mode then?

Please tell me this is a wind up now [emoji15]

Hey Man sorry to hear about your crash. I know the feeling! These people on here aren't really helping soften the blow of crashing a $1000 dollar device.

Anyway, if the camera is in good shape I might be able to fix this for you for a lot cheaper than DJI. If you're interested, send me a message!

but it was like someone else was controlling it.
FYI, you really do not "fly" the Mavic. It is literally a "fly by wire" system. You give the flight controller inputs from the sticks, it evaluates them and may or may not act on them (think of the obstacle avoidance stopping you from flying into a building). Ultimately the flight controller "flies" the aircraft and only "acts" on your input requests, so it will/can do what it determines and not what your stick inputs are trying to do.

Reactions: jackgarner
Hey Man sorry to hear about your crash. I know the feeling! These people on here aren't really helping soften the blow of crashing a $1000 dollar device.

Anyway, if the camera is in good shape I might be able to fix this for you for a lot cheaper than DJI. If you're interested, send me a message!
It is more of 1200 here in Israel. I'm still trying to.solve it. Maybe I'll buy a new 1 without a remote. Still waiting for answers. Thanks anyway bro !

Is it me but does every Post that starts with, "It was not my fault" smell fishy? Warnings appear for a reason. Do not ignore them.

Sad to hear about your damaged drone.
Thanks for sharing your experiences n this may lightened up those newbies too.
Hope some kind soul shall render their helps........

I have the mavic pro 1 week , and today it crashed(and no it's not my fault). I just turned on the mavic and the controller, set it up for flying from my balcony ( 8th floor) and I took off. I was like 6-7 meters away from.my building, and then it happend. I got an error " satellite positioning off. Fly with coution" , 20 seconds later another error "strong interference to remote controller" and then it go straight to the building in like 30mph alone by it self. nothing really left from it. I have tried to fight it back and the stick to other side, but it was like someone else was controlling it. Somebody knows what happens in cases like this ? It was not a human being fault. I'll be glad if some will help. sorry for my bad english.
'....and no it's not my fault) ...set it up to fly from my balcony (8th floor up) and I took off...'. !! Spoiler Alert! It's your fault! Flying from a building, from a balcony? No sats? Strong interference? This is simply asking for trouble, never mind endangering anyone unfortunate enough to be walking some 100 feet below you.

Whatever you decide to do, either repair or new Drone, you must take the time to read the manual properly.
Use the flight simulator until you are familiar with the controls and how it acts in the simulator.
Find a nice open field or park with no buildings or obstructions.
Put it in beginner mode.
Make sure that all parts are switched on and connected and that the Drone has acquired all the Satellites and you have a green to go on the tail.
Then slowly learn how to control the Drone in a proper manner.
Do not be so quick to just take off and fly away.
Although the Mavic has a load of onboard tech which makes it virtually fly itself it is only good if set up correct and you know what you are doing.
Absolutely do not attempt to fly indoors or from balconies you do not have the experience or skills.
As I said in my previous post the Mavic is not a toy, do not treat it like one. Take it seriously.
Hope all works out and you have learnt some valuable things.

Guys the op has reached out to me and understands what you all have posted and being all said is really just repeats
I'm closing this.
Closed

Reactions: philh24
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members