DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Drone Vid From Longboat Key, FL

BlazeAir

Reactions
I had a wonderful time staying AND FLYING MY MAVIC down in Longboat Key, Florida last week. Due to the high winds a lot of the footage didn't turn out the way I wanted (jello, prop shots, etc..) but I still found enough to make a decent vid. There a a couple parts I may edit, just a few turns I didn't like, but overall I thought it turned out alright. Whenever Dolphins are involved, it has to be at least okay, right? Check it out here:

Or click here: Lovin' Longboat Key to see it on AirVūz (that way you can see my other work as well )

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Last edited:
Yes Dolphins are always a plus. However, most of your dolphin footage could also have been made from a boat because you haven't used the advantages a drone has in that situation. Maybe you didn't want to disturb the wildlife or you had other good reasons but I think this was a missed opportunity. A short circle POI or a nice slow fly-by in course-lock could have made the difference.

Like the opening reveal shot.

Happy flying!

Cool vid! Did you turn off your bottom sensors while flying over water?

Cool vid! Did you turn off your bottom sensors while flying over water?
I thought all of my sensors were on because it wouldn't land on the beach lounge chair and only on the hard sand actually. I was surprised how close to the water it let me go sometimes. On my controller it actually said I was -0.6 on the height

I thought all of my sensors were on because it wouldn't land on the beach lounge chair and only on the hard sand actually. I was surprised how close to the water it let me go sometimes. On my controller it actually said I was -0.6 on the height

Could you check your flight logs sometime and let us know? It seems like you were really low to the water!
Also do you know what firmware youre on?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada