DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My laser Cut Tablet Holder

Prerunnerseth

Reactions
I decided to go ahead and try to laser cut my tablet holder. I'm pretty happy with the results. the main arm is 4 layers of plywood laminated together. the middle two are 3.5mm which is perfect width for the OEM tablet holder. and the outer pieces are 5mm for added strength. it does wobble a little with the big tab in there, but I have an ipad mini coming. I made it so it kind of locks onto the top of the controller for extra strength instead of just relying on the piece mounted in the regular holder. I have some black ABS coming to see if i can make a version out of that. in the mean time ill sand and stain this one.

1208162050.jpg 1208162050a.jpg 1208162050b.jpg 1208162051.jpg

Nicely done, I just ordered something similar. Don't have your skills

I do like it allot. That is design I am looking for my tabley. I like how it sits above the controller and the antennas. Just need a hook for the lanyard, unless i missed it. [emoji6][emoji38]

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

I do like it allot. That is design I am looking for my tabley. I like how it sits above the controller and the antennas. Just need a hook for the lanyard, unless i missed it. [emoji6][emoji38]

I'm going to make one minor modification where the two middle pieces come through the part that clips in and will have double holes in it... one to lock it down to the base piece and the other for the lanyard. hope it works as well in ABS.

Reactions: Rugflyer
Thats sweet. Will be watching to see the next version. This is what i use with my P4 1481249855465.jpg

facepalm.jpg

I decided to go ahead and try to laser cut my tablet holder. I'm pretty happy with the results. the main arm is 4 layers of plywood laminated together. the middle two are 3.5mm which is perfect width for the OEM tablet holder. and the outer pieces are 5mm for added strength. it does wobble a little with the big tab in there, but I have an ipad mini coming. I made it so it kind of locks onto the top of the controller for extra strength instead of just relying on the piece mounted in the regular holder. I have some black ABS coming to see if i can make a version out of that. in the mean time ill sand and stain this one.

View attachment 2215 View attachment 2216 View attachment 2217 View attachment 2218
Nice design, this is what I'm looking for, a top mount that along with a sun shade would keep the glare off the monitor & controller. If you decide to sell a few of these I would definitely be interested!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji