DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic footage just made the news

Pablo

Reactions
You may remember me from when I lost my Mavic at the start of the year and several forum members went to extraordinary lengths to get it back for me: I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

Well yesterday one of my Mavic videos (it was off major ongoing roadworks) was used on the Evening News (ITV, Granada News) here in the UK!

Sketchy video taken from my Dad's phone, but all the same it's good to see my Mavic is still making a name for itself :p:DThumbswayup

Did they contact and pay you for it or just steal it?

I know the feeling when your video's get used for commercial viewing on TV.. "Country File" used one of my video's and the Discovery Channel used my "Stonehenge" video..for a up and coming documentary.... So well done matey ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: Pablo and Lapeer20m
They just message you and ask you for permission. Why film footage yourself, when you can just use someone else's. Journalism at it's finest.This is seemingly how they make the news these days!

Asking for permission, is asking to start negotiations.

My first response would have been, "how much are you offering for licence to use footage?"

Great! How exciting. Did you use the Mavic to film the TV show showing your Mavic footage?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123