DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Has Shipped!

Krishnanana

Reactions
Ordered it 1/5, payment processed 1/6, and shipped 1/17 from Torrance, CA to San Francisco. Estimated delivery date is 1/19.

Unfortunately, it's raining through the weekend, so I'll only get to play with it indoors. :(

I'll only get to play with it indoors
FWIW, Mavics weren't designed to fly indoors (if that's what you had in mind). Many people here have crashed them when attempting to fly inside their homes.

Reactions: Krishnanana
Thanks for the caution, msinger. I'd never fly it in my house. Way too small of a space. It's getting shipped to my office with a very large and open floor plan. I'll probably just hover around a bit.

I think if the space is large enough it's ok - that's the whole point of OPTI mode. I only crashed mine indoors by trying to fly over the railing of my loft. Obstacle avoidance made it rise when it was over the railing, when I pulled down to counter the rise it thought I wanted to land which took it out of tripod mode, and so when I pulled up next it slammed in to the ceiling. I think the key for indoor flight might be to disable obstacle avoidance - at least for what happened to me.

iPhone 6S

I think if the space is large enough it's ok - that's the whole point of OPTI mode. I only crashed mine indoors by trying to fly over the railing of my loft. Obstacle avoidance made it rise when it was over the railing, when I pulled down to counter the rise it thought I wanted to land which took it out of tripod mode, and so when I pulled up next it slammed in to the ceiling. I think the key for indoor flight might be to disable obstacle avoidance - at least for what happened to me.

iPhone 6S
Thanks for the tip, niclariv. I'll be sure to turn off obstacle avoidance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair