DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic one day old. And very HOT bottom body(4sensor)

Tasheal

Reactions
My mavic one day old. And very HOT bottom body(where 4 sensor). It's nornal?
If touch by finger, finger will burned :(

Is this after flying it? Does the app say it is overheating? The Mavic does get fairly warm on the bottom but not sure it should get hot enough to burn. The bottom is a heatsink for the electronics inside.

I would not be too concerned unless the app says it is too hot. If you turn it on and don't fly it will get hotter than normal since there is no airflow. This happens a lot when you are updating and it takes a while to update but it should cool down when you fly.

If you are really concerned you could try and get a infrared thermometer and see how hot it is and if very hot contact DJI support.

I've noticed mine rather warm sitting during upgrades and you can hear the internal fan kick on.... but I would not say hot. Hummmmm

Can you hear the internal fan going?

I've noticed mine rather warm sitting during upgrades and you can hear the internal fan kick on.... but I would not say hot. Hummmmm

Can you hear the internal fan going?
Yes, i heard fan before start.
1. Seller said - it's normal because sonar working, mavic stay on grass.
2. But i'm switch off back sonar....

I was also surprised by how warm it gets!

A psudo-mentor for me suggested that if I am going to have the Mavic on for more than 10 minutes not in flight, that I use a small fan to prevent overheat of the gimbal board. I usually do firmware upgrades at home etc., but do take a small fan and inverter for the car just in case.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: AKent
Yes, i heard fan before start.
1. Seller said - it's normal because sonar working, mavic stay on grass.
2. But i'm switch off back sonar....
Sonar will not have any affect on the heat, it is best to leave it enabled so that the Mavic can track the altitude better

You have to remember, the Mavic has 24 computing cores. Things are bound to get a bit warm even when just sitting there.

All normal ... remember the base of the Mavic is one big heat sink so it is designed to take the heat from the Mavic and pull it to the heat sink ( The Mavic Base ) to keep the whole drone cool.

Check the vents and intakes for debris or dirt. I fly in the desert and have to be careful over dirt landings as it will suck in dirt.

When at home downloading the dat files I do find it gets very warm. What I have been doing is turning the Magic upside down and it helps cool it down. When flying it doesn't seem to be a problem. But we will see when it get 110 out.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada