DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic pro fly away

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. My name is Anil and I live in the Netherlands. Yesterday I used my drone. I sended the drone to up 120m and directly it flies away and I did nothing on the controller. The signal was lost and the RTH dont worked. After a few minutes I got signal and with some stress I got my drone back. Now I am so scared to fly!

So I red some same topics about this. Can some one please read my log and give advice to me?

And when you skin your mavic, is that a problem for your signal of other issues?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Anil

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The Mavic has different flight modes.
Your drone was probably not in P (GPS) mode so it couldn't lock your home point.

Flying in ATTI (Attitude) mode is not as easy as flying in P Mode. Especially for beginners.

I would recommend reading the full manual to make sure you know about all the drones features. You can find it here: http://www.dji.com/de/mobile/mavic/info#downloads

Google everything, every word you don't understand. That's what I did before my first flight. You will find an answer to every basic question online already.
As well check every single corner of your dJI Go 4 App to understand all it's functions and buttons.

Some keywords
- GPS Mode
- P Mode
- Atti Mode
- Opti Mode
- Sport Mode
- available Sensors
- RTH
- CSC maneuver
- course lock
- GPS lock
- Hover instead of RTH if flying beneath objects

Yeah thanks all but the gps was automatically replaced by ATTI. There is no switch from gps to atti and opti and reverse.... that is little confusing me...

The Mavic has different flight modes.
Your drone was probably not in P (GPS) mode so it couldn't lock your home point.

Flying in ATTI (Attitude) mode is not as easy as flying in P Mode. Especially for beginners.

I would recommend reading the full manual to make sure you know about all the drones features. You can find it here: http://www.dji.com/de/mobile/mavic/info#downloads

Google everything, every word you don't understand. That's what I did before my first flight. You will find an answer to every basic question online already.
As well check every single corner of your dJI Go 4 App to understand all it's functions and buttons.

Some keywords
- GPS Mode
- P Mode
- Atti Mode
- Opti Mode
- Sport Mode
- available Sensors
- RTH
- CSC maneuver
- course lock
- GPS lock
- Hover instead of RTH if flying beneath objects

The mavic doesn't have user selectable Atti mode, do you have one yet? Probably not good to post wrong info

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
The guy is learning and after his flight being uploaded was informed wear he went wrong , then the horrible people with veiled insults about cheap drones learning etc etc . Beginners are the life blood of any hobby and should be helped and advised not frightened off . One day he might post something valuable if he ever posts again . While I'm at it I have never flown a drone before and got mine deliverd yesterday . I hope when I ask for help I get the polite members .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

The guy is learning and after his flight being uploaded was informed wear he went wrong , then the horrible people with veiled insults about cheap drones learning etc etc . Beginners are the life blood of any hobby and should be helped and advised not frightened off . One day he might post something valuable if he ever posts again . While I'm at it I have never flown a drone before and got mine deliverd yesterday . I hope when I ask for help I get the polite members .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
That is help mate, you need to be able to fly when it hits the fan, and learning on cheap toys is the way to go.

It's not horrible, it's reality, new guys like yourself need to take note, your mavic can and will do damage if you mess up so my suggestions of learning to actually fly a toy is reasonable

If you don't even understand that you need GPS lock and the app/remote to say gps mode, then personally you shouldn't be flying until you learn the extreme basics

A newbie will hurt someone and we will all suffer because they didn't take the time to learn the hobby

Again, you will think this is harsh, but it's the truth. Good luck, fly safe

Reactions: Alabast
Welcome to the skies pilot. Well as other have suggested take it easy on your first flights. Find a prk or open place and practice until you feel comfortable. Even fly in beginner mode for a while without going to high.

Now make sure you have Line of sight with your craft at all times. So if there is a tall building or mountain between you and the drone most likely the connection will fail.

Take it easy dont be scared and fly safe buddy.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. My name is Anil and I live in the Netherlands. Yesterday I used my drone. I sended the drone to up 120m and directly it flies away and I did nothing on the controller. The signal was lost and the RTH dont worked. After a few minutes I got signal and with some stress I got my drone back. Now I am so scared to fly!

So I red some same topics about this. Can some one please read my log and give advice to me?

And when you skin your mavic, is that a problem for your signal of other issues?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Anil

Hi Anil,

Welcome to the world of drone flying as you have already discovered its never as easy as it looks ..

There are a few basic things to check and understand before getting the Mavic in the air.

If you have not done so already go here Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads and download the latest Full Mavic user guide as the one in the box does not really contain enough information.

The guide contains lots of information on how the Mavic operates and what everything means etc.

So just a few things to help keep you in control and safe ..

The Mavic should be in Beginner Mode and I would suggest keeping in this mode for a few flights until you are happy with how the Mavic responds to your stick inputs.

To familiarise yourself with the controller and the information displayed on your mobile device power the drone up but keep it on the ground and take the time to walk through the Remote screen and then the options in DJI GO4 before you take to the air.

Now the pre flight stuff...

Always check the propellers are seated correctly so they don't come off during flight and that they have no damage.

Once you power on the drone ( in a clear open space ) wait until you here " The Home Point Has Been Updated Check It On The Map" before you take off and of course do check it on the Map to make sure it is set to the position you are launching from.

Try and keep your first few flight within 100 meters just to give yourself time to understand the Mavic's flight characteristics ( I am not sure if you have any RC flight time with other aircraft ).

The Mavic has built in sensors I suggest you make sure these are all enabled during your early flights as these will assist you however they DO have limitations ... the forward collision system is not perfect and will not stop you hitting wires or small tree branches it will however stop you from flying into something big ... Please not IF you put the Drone into SPORTS MODE this will TURN OFF the forward collision system so I would only recommend you use sports mode in a large open are to start with as it will also take longer to stop in this mode.

The Mavic also has ground sensors that work up to a height of 13 meters so below 13 meters the Mavic can detect the ground THIS SYSTEM REQUIRES GOOD LIGHT CONDITIONS TO OPERATE so it is possible that this will not work on a very dull day so just be aware of this.

There are lots of things this drone can do and as you gain flight confidence over time you can play with some of the built in modes ( See the downloaded user guide for more detail )

Remember to enjoy your flight time with the Mavic but take your time and fly safe.

If you have more questions then Please do post on the forum not everyone is going to tell you off :)

Last edited:
Lol, "fly away"

New guys, please by a $20 toy quad and practice flying that first
I agree and spend some time reading the manual and watching the new user videos that DJI Support have made available.

OP: RTH will not work without GPS signal and if you were in ATTI mode then no Home point was established to start out.

Reactions: Retoxx
Lukas, your comment has no value to me at this moment. RTF the whole topic before you ever send a comment! Thank you!

Topic can be closed!!!

It is funny when childs try flying Mavic, without reading manual and then spam on boards that "Mavic fly away", lol. You simply fly in ATTI mode which means Mavic did not know where he is and when Home point is located. I recommend you reading THE WHOLE manual, watch some YouTube videos and then start flying in beginner mode. This toy is not for children.

Reactions: Retoxx and Jurek
Hi Anil, welcome to the drone world. One other note of caution for you. You said you went straight up then you lost control. How were your antenna positioned? If they were pointed up then that is the weakest point of reception if the drone is directly above. Make sure to keep the antenna perpendicular to the drone's location. Hope this helps and good luck flying in the future.

Jack Hubbs

Last edited:
Reactions: Nielio09
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000