DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic pro fly away

My suggestion to watch videos but take them with a pinch of salt .

Video...don't fly with gimbal dome ....wrong
Video...don't need to open props.....wrong
Video... calibrate calibrate calibrate...wrong
Could go on like never fly if your mavic is drifting , manual says don't video in 'S mode then people complain of quality in video . Then all the experts ""I hand catch because of dust etc etc "" manual says never do it .
So the experts want to pick what they want to in force and quote the manual until they don't agree with it .
But there are some great videos as well but the manual is made by dji

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Your flight log shows you had no GPS connection at the beginning of your flight. Your Mavic was flying in ATTI mode and was drifting with the wind.
Effectively, it means he never waited long enough to set a home point before taking off.

Reactions: Nielio09
That is help mate

No, it is not.

It is scorn, which usually comes from insecurity.

:rolleyes:

To Nelio09: It is a shame the Mavic does not have ATTI by user selection, something that would certainly help new users understand how it works. It is also a pity that the user manual is not as detailed as it should be.

There are great videos on YouTube that can complement the very good info that can also be digged from this forum.

I am glad nothing happened to your Mavic. :)

All the best.

MK

Last edited:
Hahahahaha... man you guys are incredible.

Op - read the manual. Read the manual again then ..,read the manual.

The Mavic is incredible.. very easy to fly but... if you are flying in an area where there is interference it will switch to ATTI mode which is basically non-gps lock mode. What that means is it will not be locked in position. If the wind is blowing at 10 mph to the south then it is likely your Mavic will move with the wind. To counter this you must provide stick input.

It isn't incredibly difficult but it does take practice. The absolute best way to learn how to fly manually (ATTI) is with a trainer.. Hubsan X4 is how I learned. They are cheap and when you crash them you put the pieces back together and fly again or buy a new one. They cost about $30. A few weeks with the trainer and you will be fine.

Here is a helpful tip. Turn on the controller first, then the go app then the Mavic.. wait until you have a gps lock. You will know this because the bar on the top of the app will be green. When you take off, lift the Mavic about 5 feet off the ground. Wait to hear the audible prompt, "the home point is set please check it on the map." That means you are ready to fly out.

Another tip, my Mavic has entered into ATTI mode twice. Both times it occurred shortly after take-off. I consider the first 45 seconds the critical time. When you lift off make certain to watch the Mavic. That isn't the time to be fiddle-farting around with the app. Watch the Mavic for any unusual flight characteristics. After you verify that all is well then take off.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Here is an even bigger tip. When you lift off let it sit about 5 feet off the ground and wait for the audible prompt that the home point is set. After that get it up higher then obstacles. I have watched about 5 different rookie operators make the critical error. That is not being higher than obstacles. Their corrections are always going to endanger their bird because they are too low. When problems arise.. gain altitude. Up is almost always the correct choice.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun