DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic projects in iceland

I live in keflavík near the airport actuly [emoji4]

Do you have nd filters for the drone ? If not get it strongly reconent it is so bright hear now the winter sune is so low in the sky and it's snow the refletion from it is crazy just a heds up

I'm whating for mine 2 arive lot of videos ruind 4 me sunflears on the lens [emoji19]

Reactions: Pedro
Nice! :)

I hear that the weather is very changeable in Iceland and it can change very quickly so does that mean that on most days there are periods when the weather is ok for flying even if you have to wait for 10 minutes? :D

Do you have nd filters for the drone ? If not get it strongly reconent it is so bright hear now the winter sune is so low in the sky and it's snow the refletion from it is crazy just a heds up

I'm whating for mine 2 arive lot of videos ruind 4 me sunflears on the lens [emoji19]

Thanks, yes, I have the TACO-RC ND filters plus I have a CPL ordered too.

Reactions: taz
Nice! :)

I hear that the weather is very changeable in Iceland and it can change very quickly so does that mean that on most days there are periods when the weather is ok for flying even if you have to wait for 10 minutes? :D

Yes the wheather is unprodictable hear hehe but now fort the last 3-4 day's the wheather have bin. Awsome for flying and nice that you have nd filter's they are a must

And if ghe weather is bed i 1 lokation just go to the next one like 10 - 15 milse awey and the wheather can be awsome thear i do it all the time

Reactions: Pedro
With the winter weather, (probably) lack of snow driving skills, and general road condition in Iceland, I think the estimated time for some of those distances in your map is unreal... :/

Do you really? I had no idea, I just went on the times that Google came up with.. Are you there or been there recently? This is just the kind of input I'm looking for..

To be honest, it doesn't much matter if it takes longer as we don't have to be anywhere by set times, all of the accommodation access is by key codes too. :)

Sorry for the delay.
I live in Iceland, although I am not icelandic. That is why I have travelled a lot around the country, I love the landscapes totally different from my good old Spain :)
I am not saying that the estimations are not possible. But the weather here changes so much and so often that I think that planning a trip like that, day by day, will be hardly stay on your estimations. If a storm comes, roads can be closed for hours.

To your list of places, and close to Reykjavik, there is a really amazing area called Krisuvik. It is mostly known for the geothermal area, but the road to get there is beside a beautiful lake and mountains. It is 40 minutes away from Reykjavik.

Also be aware that Iceland is WINDY. Kites are other of my hobbies and my kites for common "Spanish" wind conditions are almost unusable here.

Sorry for the delay.
I live in Iceland, although I am not icelandic. That is why I have travelled a lot around the country, I love the landscapes totally different from my good old Spain :)
I am not saying that the estimations are not possible. But the weather here changes so much and so often that I think that planning a trip like that, day by day, will be hardly stay on your estimations. If a storm comes, roads can be closed for hours.

To your list of places, and close to Reykjavik, there is a really amazing area called Krisuvik. It is mostly known for the geothermal area, but the road to get there is beside a beautiful lake and mountains. It is 40 minutes away from Reykjavik.

Also be aware that Iceland is WINDY. Kites are other of my hobbies and my kites for common "Spanish" wind conditions are almost unusable here.

I crashed my Mavic on day 2, which was February 18. I bought a Phantom 3 Pro the very next day. I never got to use it, not even once. It was either too windy, or raining, or snowing, or sleeting. Seriously LOL.

Also, I had a lot of driving in whiteout conditions on the peninsula, especially on the mountain roads, such as on the way to Kirkjufell via Berserkerjahraun. It was maybe 20kmh for long stretches, watching not to go into the ditch and roll over. So, many journeys I estimated at 2 hours took 5, etc.

I crashed my Mavic on day 2, which was February 18. I bought a Phantom 3 Pro the very next day. I never got to use it, not even once. It was either too windy, or raining, or snowing, or sleeting. Seriously LOL.

Also, I had a lot of driving in whiteout conditions on the peninsula, especially on the mountain roads, such as on the way to Kirkjufell via Berserkerjahraun. It was maybe 20kmh for long stretches, watching not to go into the ditch and roll over. So, many journeys I estimated at 2 hours took 5, etc.

Crikey.. I hope we get better weather! The forecast is pretty good at the moment but I guess that's no guarantee. Will be gutted if I don't get to film everywhere we're going! :)

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks mijac.. I'll look up Krisuvik. I can hardly contain my excitement at the moment, the second cabin we're staying at in Reykholt has an outdoor hot tub so I'm so looking forward to sitting in it with a beer and smoke in hand watching the Aurora, should we be lucky enough, will be such an experience.. :D

Capture.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54