DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Repair Experience

P0V

Reactions
I crashed one of my Mavics. Long story short: I had messed a lot with the binaries on board to unlock the altitude limit, but I didn't do any proper testing, which lead to the Mavic acting very erratically and eventually crashing. I reverted to the official firmware and sent it for repairs. Here's what happened:

1. Opening a repair ticket
I opened a ticket using the DJI help pages. I described the case and gave my information. I also disclosed the situation in order to speed things up. The support personnel gave me a ticket/case number and further instructions.

2. Sending it back
In the email I got from DJI, I got very detailed instructions on how to package the Mavic, what parts to include, and what to write on the box. I also got a courier sticker that I can use for the shipment.

3. Tracking
Throughout all the process, DJI kept me informed using the tracking service. You get a tracking link that you can use to know exactly what is happening to your drone and when.

Y5L4N29.png

4. Assessment and Payment
Once the drone arrived, it got in the queue for assessment. In the assessment result, I got details on what needs fixing, pictures of broken parts, and the total cost for repairing. I also got payment information.

5. Repair
The repair process was smooth and took couple of days. DJI also gives you details on which stage of the repair your Mavic is now; repair, testing, QA, etc.

6. Getting it back
After all the testing was done, DJI sent me a notification with the shipment information and the tracking code. Once it arrived, I opened the package to see it was carefully packaged with a lot of bubble wrap. They gave me extra props for free, and even a gimbal cover. What was also professional is that they returned all the broken pieces they fixed, even the screws.

Overall: (★★★★★)
I give DJI 5/5 stars for the repair service. Very professional and pleasant experience.

Nice! That got me excited. They started the repair on mine yesterday. Can't wait to get my MP back!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I got my Mavic with a small flaw out of the box (a small piece of plastic on the back of the camera held on by 2 screws was broken). I wanted to keep my drone and fix it myself but they said no parts are available and they don't want me to void my warranty. The told me to send EVERYTHING, even the flymore bundle. I sent it to them, that took a week. I waited for a week, had to contact them to get an update. They told me it was in "recieved stage" and I should be getting an email with the status soon.

I am hoping the reason they asked me to send everything and it's going over 2 weeks that they're sending me everything back NEW.

my repair experience is not going as well. They sent me a Label to send my mavic back with no instructions, I was expecting some instructions as I have had to have my P3P repaired in the past and that went very smooth.

I sent the drone back and it has been sitting in the dock for a week now with no sign that they have even received it yet. Tracking number shows it as their but their repair tracking page shows that it need to be received with in 30 days or they will cancel the case.

After the last repair I had with DJI I expected better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa