Join Us Now

My Mavic Screwed up and crashed today - with video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downunder

Reactions
Well that was exciting

I nearly lost Mr Mavic this afternoon

I only realised when I reviewed the footage how close I was to having the first controller up for sale on eBay

Here's the video of the crash and the recovery.

For those nerds here's the Heathy Drone flight

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

May I ask - was this in RTH mode and what was that height set at?
I'm not critiquing - just asking.

08m 09s 3.4 m 906 m Warning Weak Signal. Avoid being blocked or adjust the antenna direction.

Were you really only 3m high, nearly 1km away (not really 200m as stated in the video description...), with a forest inbetween?? :eek:
It's a miracle you still had a connection by then.

Always make sure of your RTH height - especially if you're trying things that shouldn't even be possible!

When you get a signal warning at the edge of loss of LOS the best thing to do isn't really to go hide behind a thicker bit of forest...

Last edited:
I Really don't think the Mavic Screwed up here ...... I think you need to change the title ..... ;););)

I would say the Mavic did a fantastic job of recovering from a low level flight that was way to low ...

Weak signal at 3,000 foot distance and 11 foot altitude behind trees. Return to home initiated with a RTH altitude of 30M. Collision with tree branch higher than 30M and too small to detect with forward sensors.

Looks like a standard PEWPHC error. (Problem Exists With Person Holding Controller) ;-)

Last edited:
I don't see anywhere, where he blamed this on the drone... am I missing something?

So...you crashed it into a tree and you only realized it hit a tree after the flight during your review of the footage? Were you asleep or something?

Reactions: damaltor
No, if you had actually looked you'd have seen he had no link the whole time since before it even went close to the forest.

That's amazing how it recovered. a phantom would have been on the floor after that right?

How. Why. What?? So many questions. Please do the community a favor and ground your craft and thoroughly educate yourself before flying again!

That's amazing how it recovered. a phantom would have been on the floor after that right?
I was thinking the same thing when I watched the video. My P4 would have been toast.

Amazed it didn't clip a couple more trees after the initial crash, some still looked to be pretty close.
Appears the gimbal got a little banged up too.

Stop what you're doing right now. Get In your car. Go to your closest convenience store and buy a lottery ticket.

Reactions: grizzard
Narcissists are notorious for placing blame on other people and not on themselves. Even when they clearly and definitely did something wrong. This is a self-inflicted wound. A better title might be; "How I screwed up and almost lost the love of my life."

I can't believe this thing can recover from flying into trees... none of my drones have ever been able to recover after an event like that.

Reactions: kmaluo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54