DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Screwed up and crashed today - with video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was exciting

I nearly lost Mr Mavic this afternoon

I only realised when I reviewed the footage how close I was to having the first controller up for sale on eBay

Here's the video of the crash and the recovery.

For those nerds here's the Heathy Drone flight

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

4488337.jpg

Look at the bright side.. you still got some really nice footage.. an yes the mavic can take a beating and get right up !!

I'm glad that the Mavic doesn't shut off immediately after a collision. I've seen video of the Mavic recover after hitting objects.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I realize this was operator error, but perhaps we could be more constructive and drop the 'buffoon' comments etc. If you want people to come forward and share their accident/incident reports then it should be in a safe environment where everyone can take something away from the event and learn. Who knows how many new drone pilots have read this and now know how important it is to maintain line of sight and to set a safe RTH altitude.

Learning from the mistakes of others is invaluable.

Having said that the title should be changed to 'I screwed up today and almost lost my Mavic'

The Mavic is one tough SOB. Thanks for posting, boo for posting it with this title.

Definitely the fault of the operator, not the drone. In fact, the drone prevented further damages that would have otherwise occurred. That being said, we shouldn't be too hard on OP... at least he was flying in a sparsely populated area and not downtown NYC or some other heavily populated area. Mistakes happen, especially when you are still learning.

Reactions: Revoh713
He is afraid to respond because everyone is getting on him.

I think the cool part of this is that the Mavic can recover! I've never seen a Phantom do that

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I realize this was operator error, but perhaps we could be more constructive and drop the 'buffoon' comments etc. If you want people to come forward and share their accident/incident reports then it should be in a safe environment where everyone can take something away from the event and learn. Who knows how many new drone pilots have read this and now know how important it is to maintain line of sight and to set a safe RTH altitude.

Learning from the mistakes of others is invaluable.

Having said that the title should be changed to 'I screwed up today and almost lost my Mavic'
Also, how many new pilots will NOT post their mistakes and seek advice because they don't want to be flamed or abused by others who in all likelihood made similar mistakes when starting out. Why can't you all just point out the mistake he made without the slander.

I agree F6 and think the OP has got the message .So just consider this CLOSED unless the OP contacts me and wants it reopened .

FYI - This thread was closed due to the negative post being made. Some of you may want to review this - Community Rules
I'm am sure the OP realizes his mistake and I bet it was a lessened learned.
Thanks for posting this @Downunder It was pretty interesting the way it recovered itself. You were extremely lucky!

Reactions: Dronebow
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000