DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Was Shot Out of the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it the right hand props that got shot?

upload_2017-5-26_16-0-26.png

I cannot make much sense of it as some of the stuff like your flight path is not shown.

upload_2017-5-26_17-3-28.png

H is homepoint and you were operating about 40 metres away from that. So I assume over that compound in centre.

Something occurred between time 269 and 312 which resulted in large pitch excursions and the aircraft yawing considerably. Along with rapid spikes in motor speeds.Then at 312 the data becomes implausible IMO. Do you reckon it might of got hit several time before it actually crashed? So this could be showing a 40 sec period from when it sustained damage until it when out of control?

upload_2017-5-26_17-13-45.png

Anyway I am very much an amateur. Some of the other guys will be able to tell you a what is going on if this is indeed the flight.

Reactions: Budmancan
How do you change the appearance of the line?
You open a signal player such as the top one called "Empty". In there you press the Add/Remove signal button at the top.

I cannot make much sense of it as some of the stuff like your flight path is not shown.

View attachment 13637

H is homepoint and you were operating about 40 metres away from that. So I assume over that compound in centre.

Something occurred between time 269 and 312 which resulted in large pitch excursions and the aircraft yawing considerably. Along with rapid spikes in motor speeds.Then at 312 the data becomes implausible IMO. Do you reckon it might of got hit several time before it actually crashed? So this could be showing a 40 sec period from when it sustained damage until it when out of control?

View attachment 13639

Anyway I am very much an amateur. Some of the other guys will be able to tell you a what is going on if this is indeed the flight.
You've pretty much nailed it according to the video. What you describe using the data is what I witnessed as pilot.

Thank you. I will also play with it a little more tomorrow. I can upload the .txt log so you can see the flight path as well if you're interested.

Yeah post it if you like. Might make it easier to correlate stuff.

You've pretty much nailed it according to the video. What you describe using the data is what I witnessed as pilot.

Thank you. I will also play with it a little more tomorrow. I can upload the .txt log so you can see the flight path as well if you're interested.

Please post video to youtube and post the link here. You are killing me.

I'm actually surprised mavic wouldn't fly home with those props.

I bet that if they had been damaged more symmetrically it would have made it home. Having so much peop removed in only one side probably made it like a paint shaker.

There is a torrure test video where they snipped off about that much from the ends of a prop and mavic still flew.

As the title says, someone shot down my Mavic. I was about 30ft away. It crashed onto their property, and after the walked it out to me. I immediately checked out the video and sure enough it appears he took it out with an air rifle (two props).

What should I do now? I've called local LE and am currently waiting a return call. I've contacted the FAA but their office is closed for the day. Will call again tomorrow.

What I need is assistance getting my flight log off my phone and also if it can be proven the reason it crashed was rotor speed suddenly having a problem.

Report it to the police. Shooting an aircraft out of the sky is against the law.
Press charges

... law states a property owner has airspace rights 83' over the tallest structure on the property.

Do you have a reference for this law? There is a supreme court case where the 83 ft number was part of the case but I can not find any federal law that grants airspace ownership above property. Some local governments have made such laws, wether they are enforceable is another matter.

So someone shoots down your drone, then picks it up and walks it over too you, and that's it?

You guys just had an amicable conversation at that point and parted ways?

That doesn't make much sense. I'd imagine there'd have been some tense words from at least one party...

Coupled with no video of incident? Hmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom