DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My name is Mat nd I haven't crashed my Mavic - is it possible? One flight at a time!!

Matisse13

Reactions
With all the crashes and fear of trashing a Mavic through pilot fault rather than hardware thought it might be an idea to gather a support group to encourage others that crashing can be avoided?

BTW only reason I haven't crashed is my Mavic only arrived;)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: jswinkos
Tnx for that yeah I'm goin to tread carefully nd hopefully get to stay in this group;) I see Timothy Sunday who has some very helpfully videos on YT even crashed his the other week;( beginners mode for me for a while until I get wise to it. One flight at a time one flight at a time;)

Reactions: jointeffort
My names James and I haven't crashed my mavic (mainly because I don't have mine yet ) but I have flown snugglers and I didn't crash that! So I m in!

Hi my name is Native Hawk and i havent crashed my mavic because im just that awesome. Lol. Nahh real reason is being carefull and straying above the trees.. Aside from app crashing all the time all is good.

Sent from my LGMS550 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Matisse13
Friend of mine just crashed his mavic. He lost GPS signal and instead of brining it back home, he kept flying... 30+ mph winds and one gust slammed it against a cliff.

I have been very risk adverse when flying my mavic which is probably why I have not crashed it yet. :)

Maybe I am in the minority, maybe I am lucky, or maybe I am risk adverse, but I think it is fairly difficult to crash the mavic. I have never even had the sensors help it stop an imminent crash. I think I fly fairly safe, and in line of sight. I use sport mode a ton when I am just flying and not using the camera. I guess part of the reason may be that I got my feet wet with a CP heli a few years ago ( i crashed that more times than I would like to remember) and flying in all orientations is like second nature. But I have noticed that I am getting more bold with the Mavic, so maybe its a matter of time (knock on wood). I think flying a few inches above water and filming in sport mode looks pretty cool :) .

Put mine up in 40-45+ mph wind. Started to get away from me after about 15 mins., so I emergency landed. All that happened was a broken prop!!!

And that was due to me turning the motors back on after it landed (human error)

My hunting dog was running to "retrieve" it. So I wanted to make sure the props were off.

I've never crashed any of my DJI drones...can't say that about my FPV quad racers. I'm always crashing those.

I shouldn't have crashed. But I did. This was after I had a couple dozen mostly uneventful flights with the MP.

- picked a bad t/o and landing spot - too close to bushes.
- forgot to switch to P mode after a Sport mode dash at 60m
- came in hot
- when I saw I was likely to go into the bushes:
- ..cranked left bank
- ..when right bank was needed.

Crash height: 0.5 metres into powder snow.
One prop ruined. Night in the dehydrator for the drone.

Chain of errors:
-bad planning
-bad execution (Sport mode and coming in fast)
-bad situational awareness

Accidents happen when the aircraft hits the ground. The cause is usually a string of things leading up to that point in time.

I have found that you should not launch from your hand while inside a house and attempt to let it fly from your hand as you stick your hand out of a second story window. The Mavic does not like this at all. It will try to climb immediately and if you don't let go, it will use all its might to try to break free before you ever make it to said window. Luckily I managed to keep a grip on it and shut it down before it flew directly into the ceiling.

Was testing out some new stick exp parameters today and had it in sport mode 3 feet off the ground doing some 0-40-0's back and forth in my front yard checking out the braking capabilities. Slightly misjudged the distance and planted it right into a hillside going about 20. Luckily it ran into the only bush on an otherwise solid dirt hill, a clump of soft sea grass. No damage. Added to the list of things not to do again.

I'm still a member of this group but

i haven't even flown it but let the MavicPilots c take off and land in beginners mode twice but got errors of forward left vision sensor error (a00004) hardware malfunction contact DJI to arrange for repairs. So won't be much of a flight log there but looks like going back ;(

Well email gone to support and waiting on instructions. Have to say I'm a bit confused about buying the combo pack having it less than a week and needing to send it "for repairs" when it arrived with sensor Errors? Not often you buy something faulty as new and instead of a swap for a working unit looks like we get to repair the faulty ones we purchased. Let's see how this journey plays out. Tnx for advice Wacker2611 ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike