DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My name is Mat nd I haven't crashed my Mavic - is it possible? One flight at a time!!

Yeah had to jump thru the hoops as well they wanted serial numbers for
Mavic
Controller
Gimbel
Battery
Combo

I went back with all serials yesterday minus the ginbel askin them where I'd find that?
And was told it was in the centre of mavic and was the same number as the mavic. I sent email again but pointed out they had all this information yesterday and please could I have instructions and RMA to speed up a replacement of faulty received mavic less than a week old.

Any way long and short I have to wait again 24/48 hours from my email for instructions despite them havin all the info yesterday.

Anyone know why they would ask for the gimbel serial if it's the same as mavic.;( time waistline me tnks.

The problem error was
Vision sensor Error (a00004)

The fact that it takes 24/48 hours to secure a RMA number and instructions may reflect exactly how busy they are in the background with faulty units.

Also it may look like they will replace the faulty unit as opposed to fixing it. It would seem very strange for a consumer to buy a product which proves faulty in the first week and then have it sent to be fixed as opposed to swapped out for a working unit. Why should we have to repairs something faulty??

Let's see how this journey plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

35 flights or about 10 hours of flight time in the last 4 weeks and no crashes so far.
My confidence builds with every flight, now all I have to do is keep that in check and don't get too cocky and do something stupid.

Rob

With all the crashes and fear of trashing a Mavic through pilot fault rather than hardware thought it might be an idea to gather a support group to encourage others that crashing can be avoided?

BTW only reason I haven't crashed is my Mavic only arrived;)

Once you start hot rodding, be careful of drifting out of a corner and sideswiping something. Collision avoidance won't help you there

Reactions: Matisse13
Well it's goin back but having to wait 72 hours for a RMA number. Got delayed cause DJI asked for gimbel serial which they then told kennedy day is the same serial as the mavic unit. Hopefully will hav an RMA today. If u we aMavic in the sky this weekend it's not mine;)

Also don't fly indoors. It's not fun and it's easy to crash.

Indoors is a joke. In theory and based on the technology it should be just as stable as outdoors but with all of the automatic switching from OPTI to ATTI and GPS bleed over there just way to much going on. Plus the VPS system is very susceptible to low light conditions and issues with ground pattern recognition that leave the drone unable to fly with the same stability as full GPS when outdoors.

I've crashed it a number of times and gone through several sets of props. I've learned a ton the hard way. Number one thing I've learned is don't believe it when it says "Ready to Go" if it is not in GPS mode. Wait for GPS mode before lift off.

Oh also, don't fly indoors!

213493c797754047ecd7c096bb8ee1f1.jpg

Ok this takes it to a new level of how to loose your drone!! BTW my mavic went back Tuesday landed in Netherlands this morning so we see how quick it takes to get a working one back

Well I still haven't crashed cause I'm still waiting on a replacement to the faulty mavic I originally got so technically I'm still a member of this group;)
Guys just update in returned faulty mavic to the Netherlands THEYRE OUT OF STOCK so what should have shipped out in 5 days that they received on 27 Feb still no update. Mavic was originally ordered on 27 January but landed faulty sensors not working.

Couple dozen flights now - no crashes or near death experiences!! Tested every feature, all works admirably. Been ever vigilant to keep my bird in my sights - active track keeps me in my birds sights, can't hey too far from each other then. Guess it depends on how you want to use the machine - filming (which is my bent) usually means a sedate flight pattern and a lower risk of catastrophe. My 2 cents worth![emoji3]

How does one crash a Mavic? If you're getting into a dangerous situation, then 99% of the time the solution is simple: Take your hands off the control sticks. The Mavic freezes its position. Time stops. Get a cup of coffee and think things over.

This is a far cry from controlling a fixed-wing RC aircraft with which a pilot has to be constantly making split-second decisions while all the time being careful not to stall the aircraft or let it fly into the ground or fly out of range, etc. There is no "Pause" button with a fixed-wing RC aircraft.

Virtually all of the crashes I've read about in these forums could have been avoided if the pilot took a "time-out", let the Mavic freeze its position, and took some time to think the next move before acting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929