DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic Pro is useless! Disappointed!

marz

Reactions
Hi!

I've had my Mavic now for a week and it's totally unusable. Nothing but problems. Drives me crazy.

During flight at the first location it changed randomly and constantly to ATTI mode due to magnetic interference. Satellite count and GPS signal seemed fine. Impossible to fly in windy turbulent conditions in ATTI mode.

At the next location the GPS mode stayed on but now it constantly lost signal to my phone for some reason. The controller worked fine but no image on my iPhone 6+. I tried to reconnect the phone, the pic came back and a few seconds later the screen went black and signal lost. WTF?!

If this continues I have no use for this drone and I will send it back. Anyone else had similar problems? The drone has the latest updates.

Strange indeed, I haven't had a single problem with mine. In fact, I'm more confident with my Mavic than I am with my Inspire.

Make sure you perform the compass calibration in a low interference area and then never re-calibrate unless it tells you to. Also when you do calibrate it, keep it away from electronics like a smart watch if you're wearing one.

My guess is once you work out the bugs you'll be thrilled... if you can be patient that long.

You are in the minority, not that that will make you feel better.

I've never calibrated anything and not had a single issue.

Not being smug as I realize crap can go south quickly. Knocking on wood, and sign of the cross daily.

It seems like there are a lot of people with the same problem when I checked some YouTube videos. Seems like a software bug or some other problem with the DJI GO 4 app. And by the way. It tells me to calibrate the compass before every flight. That is weird too...

It seems like there are a lot of people with the same problem when I checked some YouTube videos. Seems like a software bug or some other problem with the DJI GO 4 app. And by the way. It tells me to calibrate the compass before every flight. That is weird too...
What's your flight environment like? It it in clear areas away from buildings, bridges, sources of metal and interference?

Any chance you can try formatting the SD card? Or take it out entirely? I'm not sure if thats the cause but an incorrectly formatted SD card can give that issue.

Reactions: marz
Maybe set your phone to airplane mode, you may have stuff going on the the background that is interrupting the DJI app. I mostly use an iPad but when I use my I phone I set it to airplane mode.

Reactions: shevlin
Good suggestions. I use my Iphone 6+ to fly. Knock on wood - I have had very few issues. I do close all apps down when I fly, however; I do not put my phone on airplane mode. While this hasn't caused me any issues, I like that idea and will begin doing so.

Strange indeed, I haven't had a single problem with mine. In fact, I'm more confident with my Mavic than I am with my Inspire.

Make sure you perform the compass calibration in a low interference area and then never re-calibrate unless it tells you to. Also when you do calibrate it, keep it away from electronics like a smart watch if you're wearing one.

That's what I did before my first flight, drove out away from everything, left all jewelry at home, calibrated the compass. I've had none of the issues I've seen others have.

As I've seen in this post too I also fly with my iPhone 5s in airplane mode and have had no issues with loss of gps.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Not sure of where the above video came from,but if that was me,I would have tried a different cable. Could be a number of things going on there. Good luck everyone!

Yep. I would troubleshoot with a known good MFi cable (an official one or one that is Made For IPhone certified). Issues are known to happen when using cheap knockoff cables.

Reactions: dodgedis
Cable was my first thought; and then stuff in your pocket that sends/receives electromagnetic signals. Remotely, broadcast tower in vicinity. In that order.

Make sure the lighten plug is seated in the phone it will cause crazy things to happen. I have experienced this myself till I saw the plug wasn't seated all the way in.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61