DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My order got cancelled since customer service cannot comprehend basic english

crazyrider

Reactions
So.....
This is an order I had placed on September 27th on adorama.com, within one hour of the launch of Mavic. If you ask me, why I didn't place an order directly with DJI, then I don't have any answer for that. For sure, in hindsight, it looks like a stupid idea but neither of us were aware of the fiasco to follow. Anyways, I check my order status on their website every couple of days and stumbled upon their new program for drops and spills, called VIP360. I sent an email as follows: (all emails in italics)
===============================
Hello,

I wish to sign up for VIP360 annual membership and would like to know if my existing pending order XYZ will be covered in the program. If yes, can you please let me know if the item will be eligible for 1 year drops and spills coverage.
It would be great if you could please let me know.

Thanks,

=================================
Here's what they replied:
Hi ,

Thank you for your interest on signing up for VIP360 Program.

We are afraid that this order is not eligible for the program as the membership should be purchased first prior the order.

Your option is to cancel the order then place an order for VIP360 together with this item.

I have place the order on hold pending your reply.

If you have any further questions, or require additional assistance please reply to this e-mail.

Thanks for Shopping with Adorama.

=====================================
the reply is fair enough and what I expected. But I panicked a little after seeing the words "Order on Hold". So I sent another email asking not to put the order on hold and not to proceed with cancellation.
Here's my reply:
=====================================
Thanks for the reply!
Under normal circumstances, I would have cancelled the order and placed a new one. But since there is a long wait for this item and I had placed an order on the day this product was launched, I do not want to lose my place in the line and delay delivery even further.
Hence, I would like to keep my order as is. I hope placing the order on hold has not compromised my position in the wait list.

======================================
I thought we were done and dusted with this issue and it should be clear to them that I do not want the VIP360 thing. I went to bed peacefully, thinking that my Mavic will be here soon. Someday! Until I woke up next morning in horror.

======================================
Hi ,

Thanks for your cancellation request.

Once you have placed a new order, please provide us the order number so we can bring you back your line placement on the backorder.

In addition, your order XYZ has been cancelled per your request. You may see a 'Pending' authorization on your account which will fall off automatically within the next 3-7 days. PayPal or international cards may take a bit longer for the authorization to fall off.

If you have any further questions, or require additional assistance please reply to this e-mail.

Thanks for Shopping with Adorama.
========================================

:mad::mad::mad:
I flew out of my bed in rage, wife came running to know what had happened. when I told her the story, she took over all of my rage, called Adorama, blasted their rep for poor reading skills, asked for a supervisor to come on the line, place a new order and re-instate my position back in line.
So long story short, I got a written email from the manager that I will be back at the same position I was in. Now, I dont know if this is a bunch of horse ****, but I got it in writing.
End of rant and resuming the wait for the bird to arrive.

Reactions: look_alive
Seems like a huge over-reaction on your part. Yes, they made a mistake, but rage? Really? Wow. Good luck, though.
Lol. you missed the point! My rant was supposed to be a bit of fun for you to read and on the lighter side. Its not like I tore my bedsheet, shattered through a glass wall to reach out for the phone. Everything was resolved amicably, with polite conversation on either side of the phone. I even filled out a CS survey and gave them a 10 since they resolved the situation.

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
Irrespective..you probably have a long wait like us all... good to hear they corrected it.

Well, here's a way to see if they really did put you back at your place in line: I ordered the Fly More Combo from Adorama on Oct 10. Now we can see who's arrives first.

Reactions: crazyrider
Well, here's a way to see if they really did put you back at your place in line: I ordered the Fly More Combo from Adorama on Oct 10. Now we can see who's arrives first.
Good to know someone else who ordered from Adorama. Hope both of us get it soon.

Reactions: Peel

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000