DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My sad story - dealing with DJI

Caser41

Reactions
For my 75 Birthday due to my interest in drones, my wife bought me a mavic pro. However I had to send it back to DJI for repair/replacement after an accident. All went well at this point, DJI sent me shipping labels,etc. I packed up the drone and sent it back. Soon to receive an email that it was being returned. I received a tracking number. After a few days I checked the tracking number and found that it was being shipped to Dover, TN. I am in Red Deer, Canada. I called/texted DJI and let them know. They said they would get back to me in 24hrs. Never did. Soon the tracking # showed that it had been delivered and signed for in Dover, TN. I again contacted DJI. They said they would get back to me within 3 to 5 days. Never did. I again contacted DJI who told me it was being elevated for investigation.. They would get back to me in 24 hours. Couple more times, same results. On Friday past 26th May. I contacted them about getting my money back etc. They said they would get back to me Monday. Here it is Tuesday, nothing. Oh yes in conversation with one of the 4 or 5 agents, he told me that I would be getting a new tracking #, that didn't happen... So here I sit.. No Mavic, No money.. a lost interest in Drones... I don't know where to go next...

For my 75 Birthday due to my interest in drones, my wife bought me a mavic pro. .... No Mavic, No money.. a lost interest in Drones... I don't know where to go next...

Well that was an amazing birthday gift, sorry to hear about that trouble you are going thru. Hopefully if you used a credit card or debit card (non-pin) I would reach out to your bank and ask for a refund. A Lot of banks when processing thru visa / mc / discover have a purchase protection plan of varying length and term. But it has to be a non-pin transaction for that to go into effect.

The last route is Home Owners / Renters Insurance, as it can be a covered item on your policy.

Reactions: Blades
Call them one more time. Let them know that you've been more than patient and that you'd like to give them 1 last opportunity to resolve this as professionals. If they choose not to, let them know you'll be contacting the Better Business Bureau as well as contesting the charges with your CC Company. If you have Amex, you'll have it back by the time you get off the phone. Good luck!

So it;s been 25 days since they gave you the tracking number? it was probably coming from Carson, California. Do you have any idea how long packages usually take to get to you from the USA, or California? If they gave you the wrong tracking number, the package with the right tracking number should have reached you already, I would think. I send packages every week to Canada, and none have ever taken 25 days. I think they sent it to the wrong person.

Notice that whoever in Dover, TN signed for it had the same name as me. I have ordered lots from the U.S and nothing has taken 25 days... a couple of days, a week maybe... One of the agents said they would send me a new tracking number, but that didn't happen either..

DO NOT give up, keep calling there customer service number and inquire again for your tracking number, it will be resolved eventually, good luck and happy birthday.

I assume your wife bought the Drone with a credit card call the credit card company and dispute the charge you have six months they will ask you what happened and it sounds like you have a pretty good case I had to do it with DJI care. It would be even better if you bought it from Amazon they are really good about taking care of this stuff

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929