DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

View attachment 13119 View attachment 13119 View attachment 13120 View attachment 13121 Here are my finished amplified patch antennas I've been working on and having great results with. They now have the battery, switch and regulator built in the one assembly.
This amplified patch antenna can be used on any 2.4ghz(max 100mw input) radio with a RP-SMA connector. I will use it occasionally on my Taranis also. The internal battery is a 1s 1300 mah lipo that runs through a 5v 1.5a boost regulator for the amp. There is a port on top for battery charging. When using these with the Mavic, the output on the Tx side is 320mw(+/-5mw)and the Rx side has a gain of 10dbi(+/- 1-2dbi. The batteries will last about 5 flights before needing a recharge. Other radios may use more power all dependent on initial power input. The more power input the more the output power and battery usage. When using these amplified antennas with the Mavic controller, the amps only sip battery power as the initial power input to the amp is only around 40mw(FCC).
How much will they sell for? Please do some test flights and show us how they perform.

Would be nice to have some portable boosted antenna.

How much will they sell for? Please do some test flights and show us how they perform.

Would be nice to have some portable boosted antenna.

I do not have intentions in selling them. I have done tests with my prototype(the white version) and total distance gain verses stock was approximately 55%. I will not describe performance gain in actual meters because everyone's flying environments are different. Even describing gains in percentage is not very accurate. If I said I reached 8.8km with these antennas, and then someone tried the same antennas with their Mavic and on only reached 4km, they would be disappointed. I have a controlled(as possible) route I travel and fly the same altitude every time I test. I have about 50USD in parts only. That is for one antenna so 100USD for both, parts only.

Ken

Reactions: digdat0
View attachment 13119 View attachment 13119 View attachment 13120 View attachment 13121 Here are my finished amplified patch antennas I've been working on and having great results with. They now have the battery, switch and regulator built in the one assembly.
This amplified patch antenna can be used on any 2.4ghz(max 100mw input) radio with a RP-SMA connector. I will use it occasionally on my Taranis also. The internal battery is a 1s 1300 mah lipo that runs through a 5v 1.5a boost regulator for the amp. There is a port on top for battery charging. When using these with the Mavic, the output on the Tx side is 320mw(+/-5mw)and the Rx side has a gain of 10dbi(+/- 1-2dbi. The batteries will last about 5 flights before needing a recharge. Other radios may use more power all dependent on initial power input. The more power input the more the output power and battery usage. When using these amplified antennas with the Mavic controller, the amps only sip battery power as the initial power input to the amp is only around 40mw(FCC).
Can i ask what brand and where you ordered the original antenna before mod.?

Reactions: digdat0
Can i ask what brand and where you ordered the original antenna before mod.?

The antenna is a 7dbi patch antenna. I believe they are Artek or similar. They can be found on eBay and Amazon. Alibaba may have them for cheaper. I replaced the internal coax with a less loss rg316 and lined the back of the reflector with copper to shield any noise from the regulator and wiring. The shield acts as a better reflector also.

Ken

2719a5bb77f479b1491bceb3803971f0.jpg

help! I "accidentally" broke my cable, I tighten the hex nut too much that the bolt with the cable broke, can it still be save?
what type of cable and connector it's called?

help! I "accidentally" broke my cable, I tighten the hex nut too much that the bolt with the cable broke, can it still be save?

Those cables that came with the Nanosync antenna are not assembled well at all. They grind down the solder joint to get it flat. The braid was ground all the way down to the active element on one of mine. I had to fix it properly. I suggest you do the same. The small connector is a u.fl connector.
If you want the bulkhead SMA connector, I bought some from this eBay seller: wifi_expert. Just message them and tell them what you need.

Ken

If you bought from us, PM me your order number and I'll get a replacement sent out.

Amplified kit that runs off the remote's battery coming very soon! I have a few more tests to run, but initial testing showed greatly improved penetration. Waiting on some custom cables to come in for a nice, clean setup.

Reactions: CyberNate

Amplified kit that runs off the remote's battery coming very soon! I have a few more tests to run, but initial testing showed greatly improved penetration. Waiting on some custom cables to come in for a nice, clean setup.

Is it the Nanosync boosted, or another antenna? You should make some like what Hyprmtr did in the previous post. Would be nice to have small ones that can be screwed on. Boosted Nanosync is also nice.

Reactions: Hyprmtr
Is it the Nanosync boosted, or another antenna? You should make some like what Hyprmtr did in the previous post. Would be nice to have small ones that can be screwed on. Boosted Nanosync is also nice.
Yep, that's a boosted NanoSync - Let me find his post.

Those cables that came with the Nanosync antenna are not assembled well at all. They grind down the solder joint to get it flat. The braid was ground all the way down to the active element on one of mine. I had to fix it properly. I suggest you do the same. The small connector is a u.fl connector.
If you want the bulkhead SMA connector, I bought some from this eBay seller: wifi_expert. Just message them and tell them what you need.

Ken
@ Hyprmtr thank you so it can still be save while I wait for the replacement?

@JakeMaxxUAV I got the nanosync kit from ebay and it's my mistake to tighten the hex after assembling the RC without holding the sma bolt in place, so the small cable spins and luckily the ufl port on the RC board isn't broken.

@ Hyprmtr thank you so it can still be save while I wait for the replacement?

@JakeMaxxUAV I got the nanosync kit from ebay and it's my mistake to tighten the hex after assembling the RC without holding the sma bolt in place, so the small cable spins and luckily the ufl port on the RC board isn't broken.
Eh, no worries. Shoot me a PM with your name and address and I'll get one sent out to you anyways :)

Reactions: mel69hash
IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG I want to share my results with the elevated boosted antennas I have been working on. I have the antennas 4.2 meters above the ground. I use 3 meters of lmr400 cable for low loss. I measured the loss on the Rx side and it was a minimal 1dbi. The boosted Rx gain compared to non boosted was around 10dbi without the extension cables. I was happy with the small loss the cables gave me so I gave it a go.
I had a strong head wind so I could probably get further once the wind dies down some. I was able to fly out with 50% battery and then turn back to go home with only one bar loss on the downlink and uplink antennas. I'm very happy with the elevated boosted antennas but it is not very mobile.
I think separating the antennas from each other helped a lot also. I might try separating the antennas with some small 3ft cable extensions on the ground and see if that makes any difference. Here is a photo of my elevated antenna setup.

View attachment 13251 View attachment 13252 I want to share my results with the elevated boosted antennas I have been working on. I have the antennas 4.2 meters above the ground. I use 3 meters of lmr400 cable for low loss. I measured the loss on the Rx side and it was a minimal 1dbi. The boosted Rx gain compared to non boosted was around 10dbi without the extension cables. I was happy with the small loss the cables gave me so I gave it a go.
I had a strong head wind so I could probably get further once the wind dies down some. I was able to fly out with 50% battery and then turn back to go home with only one bar loss on the downlink and uplink antennas. I'm very happy with the elevated boosted antennas but it is not very mobile.
I think separating the antennas from each other helped a lot also. I might try separating the antennas with some small 3ft cable extensions on the ground and see if that makes any difference. Here is a photo of my elevated antenna setup.

Dude, that's awesome! lol

For portability, you should try and find one of those folding sticks that blind people use, but like a 15 foot pole version of that.

Reactions: Hyprmtr
IMG_1170.JPG
Dude, that's awesome! lol

For portability, you should try and find one of those folding sticks that blind people use, but like a 15 foot pole version of that.

Haha. Thanks!

For portability I use the boosted all in one antennas. If I go out and fly anywhere besides home I use the all in ones. If you didn't see the earlier picture of them, here they are:

Will someone boost a Nanosync and tell us the results?
Find my posts. First it worked pretty good but then my booster was r.i.p.
Not sure if it was because of the nanosync.
I might try again as soon as i get connectors to make some quality cables.
Really too happy with my "soundwave" setup to try something else,,works kickass.

Reactions: CyberNate
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54