DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

Amplified kit that runs off the remote's battery coming very soon! I have a few more tests to run, but initial testing showed greatly improved penetration. Waiting on some custom cables to come in for a nice, clean setup.

While we're at this: Can you make some REAL testflights comparing both a boosted and unboosted nanosync? Same route, same altitude? Just in an area where there are known/ proven sources that screw up the signal unboosted? And let your colleague in EU do the same for performance in CE mode?

I find it too easy for people shouting they have a new product coming which performs such and such.. When nanosync was released the promotion sounded like there was no way one would need to boost anymore with such improved signal.
Please forgive me for being critical here, no hostile intentions.

For now I have been able to prove that the FPVLR 3dr antenna outperforms the Nanosync greatly unboosted. Especially the HD side which is important because when you only boost the TX side the downlink becomes limiting. When boosted the 3dr becomes a beast.
Im sure that the REXUAV antenna does similar stuff and all this while they are not even made/ advertised for the Mavic...

Reactions: Hyprmtr
While we're at this: Can you make some REAL testflights comparing both a boosted and unboosted nanosync? Same route, same altitude? Just in an area where there are known/ proven sources that screw up the signal unboosted? And let your colleague in EU do the same for performance in CE mode?

I find it too easy for people shouting they have a new product coming which performs such and such.. When nanosync was released the promotion sounded like there was no way one would need to boost anymore with such improved signal.
Please forgive me for being critical here, no hostile intentions.

For now I have been able to prove that the FPVLR 3dr antenna outperforms the Nanosync greatly unboosted. Especially the HD side which is important because when you only boost the TX side the downlink becomes limiting. When boosted the 3dr becomes a beast.
Im sure that the REXUAV antenna does similar stuff and all this while they are not even made/ advertised for the Mavic...
Yes, I will be testing boosted vs non-boosted and letting you know the results. The REXUAV (Tough Leash) & FPVLR 3DR antennas are also a higher dbi, so more range is expected. The NanoSync is meant to be a compact solution that still offers improvements. I've also reached out to a few members on here for beta testing.

Y
After

e23f6eecbbef6b998884af01c9f41d84.jpg
07139a93c1a95c2ab4a415b07e153a8e.jpg
30145d4e2c1327ba59861c48096e57bb.jpg
4ae67fbaffa7c85fc163c7c2aed59e24.jpg
dfff5868f3864dfae4bd501c9831828b.jpg

Before

49a35e6b6808c1bd26fe2f50defd61e5.jpg
3c7848ceba3e4f4f5f3109e38aaa13a4.jpg

Common now @Natedoggz ! You're getting just a little carried away here! You can fly to the moon with that setup. How are those 4W boosters working for you? I thought about getting those to compare to the Sunhams 3W ones I have. I like the price point, which is less than half of Sunhams.

Reactions: Natedoggz
Y

Common now @Natedoggz ! You're getting just a little carried away here! You can fly to the moon with that setup. How are those 4W boosters working for you? I thought about getting those to compare to the Sunhams 3W ones I have. I like the price point, which is less than half of Sunhams.
They work great, but super heavy. And once I put this different antenna on the light for transmission/receive started to actually blink the right way as before they would just come on solid and couldn't tell if they where working, but they DO work!
I will be doing some test with this setup after work to see if I messed anything up but remote is probably 4-5lbs now with everything, ipad, usb storage battery, mounts that I took apart a tablet holder that I no longer use, 2-boosters, double usb Adt. for charging remote and powering antenna boosters, another iPad holder that I glue to the other holder and a piece of aluminum painted black with velcro so I can vert./horiz. adjust the antenna for different beam widths. I'm liking the feel of it as well, hugs the hands doesn't feel flimsy. Real firm/tight grip now.

Reactions: CyberNate
Y

The 4W EDAP Boosters actually put out less power than the Sunhans 3W. I have a photo comparison somewhere, I'll have to find it.

Y

2c48d6ef1e2c80e97514077da4e67c10.jpg
681483fa7983ae26e7ee977423b036c7.jpg

Thank you! Question answered without need to spend more money.
I can definitely live without the extra 27.9mw. But I'm thinking my setup might be the cheapest right now with the add ons. I'm cheap by nature and hate to spend more money on something that is close to equal. Maybe after I get all this done and stop taking apart everything so I can test and be confident about my mods, but I'm close.

Y

Also I only paid $43.98 for 2 boosters that are 21db each, then the 22db newer amps.

Reactions: digdat0
Also I only paid $43.98 for 2 boosters that are 21db each, then the 22db newer amps.
Those are the same boosters I use on my p3 setup and they have been good to me. My longest p3 flight was 77k and back using those boosters and a 19dbi panel, I took them to 71k with a smaller 14dbi panel. Other than being heavy, I've enjoyed especially for the price!!

Those are the same boosters I use on my p3 setup and they have been good to me. My longest p3 flight was 77k and back using those boosters and a 19dbi panel, I took them to 71k with a smaller 14dbi panel. Other than being heavy, I've enjoyed especially for the price!!
Exactly, I want looking for the newest latest greatest but they work well

Reactions: digdat0
Yes, I will be testing boosted vs non-boosted and letting you know the results. The REXUAV (Tough Leash) & FPVLR 3DR antennas are also a higher dbi, so more range is expected. The NanoSync is meant to be a compact solution that still offers improvements. I've also reached out to a few members on here for beta testing.

Just the answer i was looking for...i ll be happy to beta them as well ;). In the mean time seeing if i can mod the nanosync mounting so it can fold fully flat for better portability. Getting this thing boosted properly and folded would be a good portable solution.

@Natedoggz : love your creation. You already give a name to this contraption? I deserves one!

@CyberNate : kickass distance! Congrats.
@mravicprilot : if you're good at soldering you can fix the cable. Otherwise wait for Jake's replacement to arrive. Great CS as expected!

Edit: the Sunhans 1000mW dual booster im using now is giving 30dBm output (per manual). Compared to the (working) 3W sunhans it seems indeed to perform better.

Just the answer i was looking for...i ll be happy to beta them as well ;). In the mean time seeing if i can mod the nanosync mounting so it can fold fully flat for better portability. Getting this thing boosted properly and folded would be a good portable solution.

@Natedoggz : love your creation. You already give a name to this contraption? I deserves one!

@mravicprilot : if you're good at soldering you can fix the cable. Otherwise wait for Jake's replacement to arrive. Great CS as expected!

Edit: the Sunhans 1000mW dual booster im using now is giving 30dBm output (per manual). Compared to the (working) 3W sunhans it seems indeed to perform better.
I'll shoot you a PM!

Thanks, but no name yet.

@CyberNate do you know if you can plug the DJI goggles in to the mavic controller via the USB to Micro USB cable, will you be able fly your long distance flights with the goggles? will the goggle now be get its downlink from the controller?

@CyberNate do you know if you can plug the DJI goggles in to the mavic controller via the USB to Micro USB cable, will you be able fly your long distance flights with the goggles? will the goggle now be get its downlink from the controller?
No, the goggles have their own connection directly with the Mavic. I receive mine today, so I will soon test the range. I've heard the range is better than the stock controller, but we shall see.

No, the goggles have their own connection directly with the Mavic. I receive mine today, so I will soon test the range. I've heard the range is better than the stock controller, but we shall see.

I know the goggles are designed to connect directly with the Mavic. But with all the other DjI drones you must use a the included cable from the goggles to the controller. I assume that when you're using one of the other DJI drones that the goggles are getting all of their downlink from the controller. So with that being said I was wondering if you use the cable could you fly with the goggles long distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3