DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Navigation system error. Check redundancy state"

Reactions
Good morning y'all.

I've had my MP for about 4 months now, and everything has been quite smooth. However yesterday when I turned on the MP + App I noticed the App was updating automatically. "No big deal" I thought. But then I realized the MP simply wouldn't fly. The back light stays solid red, and the display on my remote crontrol keeps saying "SYS WARNING - CHECK APP". On the app I noticed the GPS icon is faded, as if turned off, and when I try to start the MP the ""Navigation system error. Check redundancy state" message shows up. I tried to re calibrate the GPS and IMU numerous times but nothing has chaged. Video feed appears as normal.

Has anyone in here been through this? Or have any idea what I shoud do next? This is really frustrating :(

FW vesion is 01.03.0700

Last edited:
When was the last time before yesterday that you flew it? Solid red LED means critical error. Have you updated to the new version of DJI Go and signed in?

Hello thunder, thank you for your reply.

The last time I flew was about 2 weeks ago, and everything was fine. My current version of DJI go is 4.1.0. I even unistalled it and installed again. It did ask me to sign in and I did that too. :/

I sat down with it outside for minutes, yesterday and today as well. Normaly it takes like 10 to 15 seconds for it to get around 15 satellite signals. I dont remember the back light staying solid red while the mavic acquires satellite signals before... Im starting to suspect it is actually broken :/

Only you must wait for the message "home point is updated'... to show up or try to set it up manually. In my case... i must wait 2 minutes to adquire 10 sat... perhaps now mavic needs to obtain the location coordinates to contrast with the NFZ maps dowloaded in the last update.

So you think this might be a related to the updates? But if so, why the solid red light that indicates critical error?

Reactions: DJz0d
Nope, most likely a hardware fault. If refreshing firmware and oing a factory reset in the assistant doesn't clear it it will probably need a trip back.

Hi there, I just googled my way here :). I have the EXACT same problem after upgrading to the new firmware. Please let me know if you have managed to fix the problem. I re-installed the firmware, downgraded the firmware, IMU and Compass calibration. But still the same problem.

Maybe going to .400 is a possible fix?

Hi there, I just googled my way here :). I have the EXACT same problem after upgrading to the new firmware. Please let me know if you have managed to fix the problem. I re-installed the firmware, downgraded the firmware, IMU and Compass calibration. But still the same problem.

Maybe going to .400 is a possible fix?

Hey. Try to uninstall the App, power cycle your mobile or tablet, then re install the app. This seems to have worked for me, although I need to test more. At least my Mavic flew again.

I hope this helps :)

Good morning y'all.

I've had my MP for about 4 months now, and everything has been quite smooth. However yesterday when I turned on the MP + App I noticed the App was updating automatically. "No big deal" I thought. But then I realized the MP simply wouldn't fly. The back light stays solid red, and the display on my remote crontrol keeps saying "SYS WARNING - CHECK APP". On the app I noticed the GPS icon is faded, as if turned off, and when I try to start the MP the ""Navigation system error. Check redundancy state" message shows up. I tried to re calibrate the GPS and IMU numerous times but nothing has chaged. Video feed appears as normal.

Has anyone in here been through this? Or have any idea what I shoud do next? This is really frustrating :(

FW vesion is 01.03.0700
Did you ever find out why

I'm a newbe here and not sure if I'm doing this right, but I'm having the same problem. Just bought a new Mavic Pro and every time I start it up from cold I get a Controller warning saying "SYS WARNING check app" The app says first

"IMU parameter error
Hardware malfunction contact DJI support for repairs
Navigation error
Check redundancy state"

after a minute or two this changes to

"navigation system error
check redundancy state"

But finally after a minute or so more the warnings clear and it's safe to fly in ATTI MODE. Is this normal when you start up indoors without GPS being available?
I have re-calibrated the IMU a couple of times, a also re-calibrated the compass three times but this doesn't seem to make any difference.
Hope someone can help

I find it best to start my bird close to the point that I will use as my home point, always outside with GPS reception. A long time ago, I used to start it in my car, but got a compass error every time, so I got in the habit of doing as I mentioned above, and compass/navigation errors never pop up upon startup.

Thanks Thunderdrones for that, tried what you suggested, but first I reset the firmware back to factory settings and then re-installed the latest updates. But the same happened. When the drone and controller first connected it said straight away that it was ready to go. and I got a green light. A few moments later the same old warning messages arrived. They cleared after a couple on minutes and it was ready to go again.
Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Just to share my experience with this error. I have the same Navigation System Error Check Redundancy State warning on the modded 4.1.14 app. I'm on mixed Fw .0000- (Thanks to the one who created it) which I upgraded from .700 Fw. Both of my AC and RC were on .700 FW but only my revived Mavic was having this issue after replacing the gimbal camera set, ESC board (due to my over splashing of solder onto on board component) all motor except 1 right hind and front compass due to badly crashed incident. After replacing it and hardwired, I flew with Fw .700 but my revived Mavic had a hard landed on soft ground with the additional 2 x 3000mah Lihv. It flew fine thereafter after removing the additional bat.

After 2 weeks og bad weather and after I upgraded to .000- Fw, my other AC seems to work fine but the revived ones had this error (Navigation System Error Check Redundancy State) on 4.1.14 modded app and I couldn't even start the motor which it usually does in ATTI mode. Downgrading the AC back to FW .700 failed. Googling don't help either.

Hence I decided to carry out my own trial and see what I can do to help with this type of error. I've decided to downgrade to .700 FW on the AC (but do not turn it on) and RC. Open the Mavic and replace the internal 4Gb micro SD card with my only available 8Gb PC formatted micro SD card. Once that all done, I turned on the AC and wait to see if the LED lights flashes and it did. Now I turned on the RC with my Note 8 attached and voila, it works. 4.1.14 modded app advised me to calibrate my compass as I'm in my house. Did that and I could trigger the motor in ATTI mode. What I conclude here is, I think DJI could have installed a code that once you triggered it will reside in the Mavic internal micro SD card and communicate within connected devices and block the usage of modded parameter Mavic aircraft. It seems a ploy by DJI to prevent usage of modded parameter AC. This troubleshoot works for me. You guys may wish to give it a try. Hope it works for you.

Have A good day and luck.

Here's my experience with the same error. I disassembled the whole bird checked and cleaned all the connections and reinstalled /calibrated EVERYTHING and now she flies like new. Apparently dji software dosent like when anything is disconnected

What could happen is the cable wire inside the drone could have come unplugged. You have to open the top half of the drone and the wire is located on the top back side of the drone.

Hi Guys,

Just to share my experience with this error. I have the same Navigation System Error Check Redundancy State warning on the modded 4.1.14 app. I'm on mixed Fw .0000- (Thanks to the one who created it) which I upgraded from .700 Fw. Both of my AC and RC were on .700 FW but only my revived Mavic was having this issue after replacing the gimbal camera set, ESC board (due to my over splashing of solder onto on board component) all motor except 1 right hind and front compass due to badly crashed incident. After replacing it and hardwired, I flew with Fw .700 but my revived Mavic had a hard landed on soft ground with the additional 2 x 3000mah Lihv. It flew fine thereafter after removing the additional bat.

After 2 weeks og bad weather and after I upgraded to .000- Fw, my other AC seems to work fine but the revived ones had this error (Navigation System Error Check Redundancy State) on 4.1.14 modded app and I couldn't even start the motor which it usually does in ATTI mode. Downgrading the AC back to FW .700 failed. Googling don't help either.

Hence I decided to carry out my own trial and see what I can do to help with this type of error. I've decided to downgrade to .700 FW on the AC (but do not turn it on) and RC. Open the Mavic and replace the internal 4Gb micro SD card with my only available 8Gb PC formatted micro SD card. Once that all done, I turned on the AC and wait to see if the LED lights flashes and it did. Now I turned on the RC with my Note 8 attached and voila, it works. 4.1.14 modded app advised me to calibrate my compass as I'm in my house. Did that and I could trigger the motor in ATTI mode. What I conclude here is, I think DJI could have installed a code that once you triggered it will reside in the Mavic internal micro SD card and communicate within connected devices and block the usage of modded parameter Mavic aircraft. It seems a ploy by DJI to prevent usage of modded parameter AC. This troubleshoot works for me. You guys may wish to give it a try. Hope it works for you.

Have A good day and luck.

mel69hash, any help on finding the internal sd card would be appreciated. I have pulled the upper case off. do I need to dig in there more? Where exactly is it at? Thank you in advance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada