DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND 16, ND 32 or ND 32/PL

DSI

Reactions
Hi guys, need some help. Will be going to the beach soon and will be bringing my MP for the 1st time. Which filters are the best suited for a bright sunny day at the beach? Appreciate it. Tq

The 32/PL will be great. PL cuts the glare off the water so you get saturated colors. If light overcast, go for the 16.

I am certainly no authority on the use of filters, but in reviewing my Polar Pro set of them I would suggest that you use the ND32 PL. The time of day will have some bearing on polarization use, but if it is a beach environment with sunny conditions I think you will be wise to use this combination.

And you know,I assume, that you need to look through the filter to make sure which plane to use the filter before placing it on the lens. Good luck and give us a report back.

Hi guys, need some help. Will be going to the beach soon and will be bringing my MP for the 1st time. Which filters are the best suited for a bright sunny day at the beach? Appreciate it. Tq
PolarPro has an app (free) that helps you to choose the correct filter for the environment, however I believe Video guy is correct stating the 16ND and 32ND/PL will probably cover your needs.

Great. Thanx for the info guys. Hope to have some nice footage posted here when I get back. Thanx again.

Here's a general filter usage guide:

Filter-Use-Chart.png

I'm a bit confused. I bought the 3-pack on Amazon that includes PL versions of ND4/8/16.

Where do I acquire the ND32-PL?

You can find a list of commonly used PL filters here.

I am certainly no authority on the use of filters, but in reviewing my Polar Pro set of them I would suggest that you use the ND32 PL. The time of day will have some bearing on polarization use, but if it is a beach environment with sunny conditions I think you will be wise to use this combination.

And you know,I assume, that you need to look through the filter to make sure which plane to use the filter before placing it on the lens. Good luck and give us a report back.
Hey guys, currently on my holiday in Redang Island Malaysia. Got here late on Friday so couldn't get some nice footage. On my 2nd day now was hoping for a bright sunny day but turned out to be partly cloudy. Leaving tmrw so hopefully can get more footage tmrw. Anyways here's today's video in 2.7k 30fps. No color grading or editing. Used mostly ND 16/PL n ND 8/PL.
tmrw will be bright n freaking sunny. Pls feel free to comment.

Redang Island - Quik by GoPro

Uploaded in YouTube full quality 2.7k/30fps

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout