DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters : Freewell, Taco, Hensych ? I'm lost :(

popolop

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I currently have Neewer ND filters for Mavic (ND and ND PL 4 8 16) but I'm not satisfied : quality doesn't seems to be very good and gimbal fail issue.

So I was considering purchasing Taco-RC ND filters (most expensive ones : MC) but then I discovered Freewell which offers both ND and ND PL filters (up to ND 16) for a reasonable price, and today I also discovered Hensych (which may be a re-branding ?
Hensych® RC Quadcopter Accessoires Filtre ND4 8 16 32 CPL Filtre Filtre UV pour DJI MAVIC Pro Filtre Polarisant Circulaire UV Filtres de Densité Neutre (UV): Amazon.fr: Jeux et Jouets
and
Hensych® Lot de 4 Filtre HD-ND4 8 16 32 Appareil photo professionnel Ensemble de filtres pour DJI Mavic Pro Drone: Amazon.fr: Jeux et Jouets
.. they don't look the same).

At the end, I don't know what to buy !
I even don't know if I will need ND 32 and ND 64 in the future.

Do you have any advices or recommandations guys ?

Thank-you very much :)

Thanks for your replies :)
But do you know Freewell ones ? They have both ND and ND PL while Taco only have ND ... I have no way to compare in order to see how useful it is but maybe someone did the comparison ?

@P1XL
I bought these as well, they're fantastic except........I WISH I had a ND32 also.......in bright sunlight that 32 is needed, so in retrospect, I'd rather have bought the 6 pack, not just 3.

There are many circumstances where I need ND32 to bring shutter speed down to 1/60 for video, especially when exposing for the sky (and you really want to bring shutter speed down that low to minimize rolling shutter artifacts and give smoother, more cinematic motion). I did try the ND64 that came in the pack but it was predictably underexposed without bringing ISO up pretty high, but I would imagine a snowy or sandy background on a bright sunny day might require ND64. For what it's worth, I use TACO filters simply because after buying numerous brands and styles for my P3P, I settled on TACO. So when I transitioned to the Mavic, I went straight for TACO. It means that for the Mavic, despite the fact that all of the filters I've seen seem to be similar-looking slip-on types, I don't have experience with the other brands, but can say that I haven't had any problems with the gimbal. There are visual artifacts when pointing near the sun (as can be seen in my most recent video), but I don't think that can be avoided with any of the current offerings and I recommend for all current offerings that one bring along a lens cloth because the small size of the filters means chances are increased of getting fingerprints on them. Since I focus on video from the drone, I have no need of PL filters because their effect changes as you pan around, which is a nightmare for color correction.

Reactions: popolop
Okay thanks.
I ordered Taco MC 1 UV + 5 ND pack. Seems to be the best choice :)

today I also discovered Hensych (which may be a re-branding ?
Those are PGYTECH filters. Lots of people resell that brand on Amazon.

Do you have any advices or recommandations guys ?
DJI, Freewell, PGYTECH, PolarPro, SKYREAT, Taco-RC... all safe bets.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf