DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Necessary with Mavic

Baroudeur

Reactions
This short legged Mavic need some accessory to protect lens and body from projections.
This drone pad is purfect for that, plus a custom design to test the Precise Landing and zero place in your transport bag.
It is not the plan of FlatHat Labs, they created a 32" one for Phantom or Mavic size drones, but less easy to transport in a tiny bag.

Last edited:
This short legged Mavic need some accessory to protect lens and body from projections.
This drone pad is purfect for that, plus a custom design to test the Precise Landing and zero place in your transport bag.

I thought you had to get advertisements approved before posting on the community?

Oh, this is not an advertisement, just a test of accessory extracted from my blog, but if this is not correct, you can of course delete post. Just wanted to share with members.

Oh, this is not an advertisement, just a test of accessory extracted from my blog, but if this is not correct, you can of course delete post. Just wanted to share with members.
Ah, ok fair enough - it's crap anyway as it blows around all over the place.
Pretty useless - thanks for demonstrating how bad is.

Reactions: Downunder
If your sentence starts with "I wonder if" and contains the words "3D" and "Print" I think the answer is always "yes."

I wonder if someone will 3D print a burger that looks like a shoe...

Yes.

shoeburger.jpg

Last edited:

Agree, pretty useless. Extends set up time considerably, needing to hammer in pegs each time and makes it more bulky to carry around with the pegs in the bag.

Be pretty good as a Frisbee though!

I have been successful in finding places to fly from without having to resort to a takeoff/landing pad. The Mavic is small and a rock or just flattening down grass with your feet is sufficient. I don't like to take off from dirt as it will soil the VPS and possibly the lens of the camera.

For my pad I use a 24 inch square piece of 1/2 inch plywood. Keep it in car trunk all the time. Only use it if an area has sand or dirt which is not very often. I sawed out a small place for a handle on one side. Works great if I ever need it.

If I need one I have a twist-N-fold car sunshade with a large 'H' in yellow duct tape on it. 3 small push-in tent stakes to hold it down although it is 36" across when unfolded, and very small when twisted up, it worked well with my P3 when needed.

I have been successful in finding places to fly from without having to resort to a takeoff/landing pad. The Mavic is small and a rock or just flattening down grass with your feet is sufficient. I don't like to take off from dirt as it will soil the VPS and possibly the lens of the camera.

Ed - Cant one just hand launch by tossing the Mavic Pro while throttling up? That is of course after placing it on the ground to determine home point and so forth. I want to do Lily style launches just by chucking the Mavic Pro with hard left left stick up (Mode 1 of course) .

Cant one just hand launch by tossing the Mavic Pro while throttling up?
Why not just let it take off from your hand? If you toss it into the air, there's going to be a point of instability where it's readjusting itself. That could be dangerous if it flies back toward your face.

What I have been using for years when I launch a drone in the mountains is a piece of cardboard (or when I really need to save weight and space in my pack, just some cloth that I hold down with rocks on the corners).

I had all those ideas too, and used some with my P3A, but this thing is hmmm smart. Extremely ez to put into a bag.
What i want is to test the famous Precise Landing promised by DJI, it has 16" to prove it to me.

Why not just let it take off from your hand? If you toss it into the air, there's going to be a point of instability where it's readjusting itself. That could be dangerous if it flies back toward your face.

I think I will actually do it that way as I want to keep my nose and current haircut. :)

Ed - Cant one just hand launch by tossing the Mavic Pro while throttling up? That is of course after placing it on the ground to determine home point and so forth. I want to do Lily style launches just by chucking the Mavic Pro with hard left left stick up (Mode 1 of course) .
That would give it full forward cyclic and no you cant just 'chuck it in the air' !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku