DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neck strap for remote/phone

mfc

Reactions
I've tried the lanyard attachment widely available for the Mavic remote controller, but didn't like it because it allows the controller to fall when removing the 'phone, and also it obscures the centre of the screen -- exactly where I'm trying to look.

As luck would have it, in my 'camera straps' box I found an Op/Tech "Bin/Op" strap that seems to work well: its QD strap endings wrap around the clamp supports easily and can stay on permanently (they prevent the clamps fully closing, but only by 1mm (1/32"). The strap is a little short, perhaps, but I've ordered some Mini QD Extensions which should allow more than enough adjustment.

A possible disadvantage is that the strap is probably best run under the USB cable, but I tend to unplug that while fitting the camera anyway. A big advantage is that the controller is securely held hanging from one's neck at all times, which makes clamping/unclamping the phone much easier.

Better suggestions welcome! Here's a pic:

I've tried the lanyard attachment widely available for the Mavic remote controller, but didn't like it because it allows the controller to fall when removing the 'phone, and also it obscures the centre of the screen -- exactly where I'm trying to look.

As luck would have it, in my 'camera straps' box I found an Op/Tech "Bin/Op" strap that seems to work well: its QD strap endings wrap around the clamp supports easily and can stay on permanently (they prevent the clamps fully closing, but only by 1mm (1/32"). The strap is a little short, perhaps, but I've ordered some Mini QD Extensions which should allow more than enough adjustment.

A possible disadvantage is that the strap is probably best run under the USB cable, but I tend to unplug that while fitting the camera anyway. A big advantage is that the controller is securely held hanging from one's neck at all times, which makes clamping/unclamping the phone much easier.

Better suggestions welcome! Here's a pic:

I plan on mine going to the pole that holds my 12in tablet... I see yours an my first thought is .... that's where your hands go ? how will that work so i see how you are frustrated

There has got to be a better way

Attachments

• dr3.PNG
    dr3.PNG
    404.8 KB · Views: 28
I plan on mine going to the pole that holds my 12in tablet... I see yours an my first thought is .... that's where your hands go ? how will that work so i see how you are frustrated

I found that a tablet was too big (Google Nexus 7" 2013 fits, but is sort of out of balance with the controller), and also wasn't as bright/easy-to-view as a phone.

As for 'where do hands go' when using neck strap .. never even noticed -- the straps fit nicely between the thumb and index finger, don't get in the way at all, and in fact help stabilize the whole construct of hands, controller, and phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent